close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my first non-Glock non-.22 handgun

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by njl, Aug 28, 2004.

1. njl

njl

Here it is. Anyone know how well the "Armory Kote" wears? Will a fobus plastic or better kydex holster used at the range wear it off? I won't know until I clean it again, but it looks like when putting it back together after the initial cleaning/lubing, I managed to scratch the finish with slide stop...either that or some slide stop finish wore onto the green Armory Kote.

I've only put about 50 rounds through it (all Blazer...no malfunctions) and I seem to shoot a little low with it. Windage was good though.

I realize I may need to treat it a little better than my Glocks. Is Mobil 1 all I need for lubing it, or should some parts get tw25b or tetra grease?

It was suggested that I pick up some McCormick magazines...but do I want their power mags, classic, or match grade?

2. njl

njl

hmm...image failed on first post

3. Taito

Taito WWeeEeEeee

Here's mine: Welcome to the club ;F

[​IMG]

I don't know about the Armory Kote, but it should hold up pretty well as I heard from other people. I use the tw25b aweseome stuff never had any problems with it or anything. Mobil 1 I am not a fan of that stuff on my gun in my Car thats a different story it is the the only oil I use for my car.

For mags I suggest Wilson Combat instead of McCormick, Wilson mags are better and the best 1911 mags there is and from my experience and another buddies of mine work way better and failed less then the McCormick.

I absolutly love my Loaded, feels good and you should not be dissapointed with it I have feed 500 rounds through it and no major problems, except for two FTE, but I was just told to scrub the crap out of the extractor and have it break it thats all. On the other hand it also could be the ammo I am useing.. hhmmm

4. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Yeah, the Wilson model 47 magazine is generally regarded as the best 1911 mag out there. The FBI and the Marines use it in their .45s.

As to Fobus or Kydex... they'll actually wear on your gun less than leather. I've carried exclusively in Kydex or a Fobus for four years, and while my G30 has a bit of slide wear, you REALLY have to look for it and this is after several thousand draws.

I don't know how well Armory Kote does but if it's anything like GunKote, it'll last a long time.

Militec works well.