close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My first malfuncton with a BAD lever

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by NEOH212, Mar 17, 2014.

1. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

But it's not what you think!

I found a old 30 round no-name green follower mag in my stash. I took it to the range and was running through some speed drills when I had a double feed.

As I've practiced in the past weeks with the BAD lever, I cleared the malfunction and was back in action much faster than normal.

I must say that training does help because when you do have a double feed or any malfunction, you end up doing what you do in practice. I was glad to see I didn't fumble with the lever and I didn't have to think about using it. I just did it.

After it was all over I kind of said to myself, "What the hell just happened?" It was all over so fast but that's what the lever is supposed to do. Make manipulating the weapon faster. It was nice not having to break my firing grip to work the bolt release.

Between the BAD lever and the Bravo Company Mod 4 charging handle, this combo certainly is one that is money well spent and well worth having on every AR in my opinion.

:cool:

(FYI: The magazine now has a Magpul follower in it!) :supergrin:

2. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

The malfunction is unfortunate but I'm glad you ended up liking the lever. I have a couple myself and haven't had a reason to get rid of them yet.

3. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I don't attribute the malfunction to the lever. It was the magazine on the second to the last round. It's the only mag I had left with a green follower. (That I know of.) It's the only one that's malfunctioned in the said carbine.

I do like the lever and how it works. I see another manufacture has what looks like a enhanced version of it but most of what they did to it looks really unnecessary.

4. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I should have titled this thread, "My first malfunction clearance in live fire with a BAD lever installed."

The title is a little misleading.

5. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

Nah this title is fine. It makes the haters come out :whistling:. I'm glad you're enjoying the BAD lever, I like them as well.

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I had ample cause to use one of my BAD levers a couple of weekends ago. Apparently my 20" really doesn't like the Ted Nugent 70gr. TSXs (which, honestly, is fine with me), lots of malfunctions, and even prone the BAD made it much faster to clear them.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Not really a problem,.......unless someone posts without reading your 1st post.

8. NeverMore1701

Which never, ever, ever happens :whistling:

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

Never tried one but they seem pretty practical. Good to hear a real report.

10. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

That never happens around here! :whistling:

11. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Out of curiosity, what was the accuracy like on those rounds? I was thinking of trying them but I'm not too sure I want to now.

The BAD lever does in fact make the weapon easier to manipulate in the prone position. Clearing malfunctions from the prone position is something I need to practice more and now with the lever, it's going to be easier!

12. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I have a love/hate relationship with malfunctions. When they happen they give me the opportunity to practice clearing them. On the other hand, they can be a PITA if your in the middle of a match or worse yet, a actual gunfight!

Magpul makes some really good products. Things like this make me want to try more of their products.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  13. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

The only MagPul product that I have tried that was not up to snuff was the ASP. Seems to be made from inferior cast metal. 1st one I tried cracked when I tried to stake it. Second one actually chipped. It was also returned and I have not tried another.

14. NeverMore1701

Not great out of my 20", don't think I got any sub MOA groups with it. That, coupled with a solid 50% cycle malfunction rate is enough for me to not bother with it in the future. I would like to try some TSX in another hotter or more consistent load.

I couldn't get past the rattling.

15. majette

majette

what brand and twist rate is your barrel? sorry for the thread hijack but it appears I wasn't the first.

back on topic, I have had a magpul bad lever, worked fine but did not fit snug on the bolt catch. I'll try a phase5 eventually.

16. NeverMore1701

Rainier ultramatch 1:8.