close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My First Hare Scrambles Race

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Rinspeed, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Last Sunday I completed my first Hare Scrambles race. It was very fun but extremely exhausting to say the least. I finished 12th out of 15 in my class and 136th out of 177 overall. Like an idiot I was so tired on the 4th lap that I let two riders in my class get by me because I couldn't tell they were in my group. I missed 10th place by 50 seconds. The race lasted two hours and consisted of four 8 mile laps. The best riders will do another one or two laps than the riders of my caliber. The course was through fields, woods, mud bogs and a couple streams. I need much more practice in the mud as that was my major weakness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Damn, that looks like fun. I might have to break down and get a pickup truck & trailer.

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

Glad to hear you had fun! I'm also impressed to see the appropriate use of a hydration pack and armor (you and the bike).

Now you just gotta hook-up with the local hoons and they'll have you whippin the competition in no time. Harescrambles are really addicting, and much safer than hurling yourself across 90' triple jumps. ;)

BTW, coming from an Arizona guy.... Damn that water looks cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Buelligan

Buelligan

I spent years racing hare scrambles. It was my favorite form of offroad racing - I loved the varied terrain.

Looks like you had a lot of fun... I'm jealous!

5. Big Worm

Big Worm

It does look like fun. As I am getting to close to the 40 mark I am giving up on moto-x and looking at harescrambles and enduros for excitement. I will be entering my first one coming up pretty soon. Wish you luck and safety.

P.S. Nice choice on the bike ;)