close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My first GSSF indoor league

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Dieselbuilder, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Dieselbuilder

Dieselbuilder

Saturday, I just completed the third match of my first indoor league at The Bullet Stop, in Wichita, KS. I was shooting a Second Gen G17 that I bought at a yard sale for $200 right after Christmas. My first match in Jan I shot a 443, in Feb I shot a 467 and finally I shot a 477 on Sat. I finished 8th (I think it was) out of about 35 shooters. I missed getting a plack but I at least finished in "A" class, had a lot of fun, met some great people and learned a thing or two.

At the second match I had the Glock Armorer install the upgrade to my pistol, when he took out the connector, it turned out to be a + 8lb connector, he asked if I wanted a Std 5lb connector in it and I had him put one in.

It seemed to help me on my 25 yard target as I didn't pull any shots off target after he changed it and that is where the major increase in my scores came from.

All in all, I had a great time, even if I didn't win the pistol they gave away.;1

I plan on attending next year and encourage all that can, to come and shoot. It is put on by some great people.

Thanks, Jim, John and Don.;Y

2. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

Good job on the matches. I shot my second indoor match today. I shot the first last month. The third in the series is next month. Last month I shot a 427. Today I shot a 486. Both with my G26. I did a better job taking my time this month. Plus everything just felt right today, even when I was on the range warming up. Now I can't wait till next month. I hope to do much better in my second outdoor match this summer too. I rushed things way too much in my first match last fall. Plus I tried to shoot three different weapons. I'm going to cut one out this year. It's definitely all a learning experience.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Rule #1--Have a good time.

Rule #2--Shoot safely.

Rule #3--Have a good time.

GSSF, both indoors and outdoors, is all about having a good time, safely, regardless of how well you shoot. Treat each match as a learning experience and use it as a tool during your next practice session. No other pistol competition offers the pistol and cash prizes that GSSF offers.