close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My First Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ghent, Jul 17, 2006.

1. ghent

ghent

I just picked up my first glock over the weekend (new G27) and I absolutely love it. Very easily concealed, but I'm very happy about the increase in knock down power from my old conceal-carry piece (.380). The 27 is definately an enginerring marvel, getting such easily controlled recoil from a big-bore caliber in so small a package. The only downside (if you can really call it that) that I've found the weapon has a definate need for the Pierce +1 grip extenders (my relatively large hands absolutely hated the gun until I added the extender). Even with the extender though the gun is still easily concealed. I was a little worried initially about the alleged "snap" of the .40S&W round, but I had no problems double-tapping tight groups with it. The "snap" wasn't even remotely uncomfortable, but if you were trying to rapidly empty 10 rounds the gun will definately glimb upwards by the time you've emptied the mag. I'd highly recommed the gun to anyone looking for a good conceal carry piece.

2. cj5mrt

cj5mrt

I feel the samne way about mine. Glad I didn't listen to all the "noise" about the recoil of the 27. It has become on of my favorite handguns. I am still amazed at the accuracy from such a small weapon.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Mike

3. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

Congrats on the purchase, ghent. Welcome to GlockTalk.

<-- Carries a G29

[​IMG]

4. rlaht7f8

rlaht7f8 Got rishathra?

My first was a G21. Later I added a G27 and really like it. It does feel much snappier than the G21, but I shoot both with equal accuracy. I don't think any Glock's recoil can physically injure the shooter, like one of those .454 monsters. For self defense, I want a pistol I can comfortably fire one-handed if necessary.

I do like an extension so I can grip with all fingers. Some say this defeats the intent of the sub size; from my point of view even with the Glock +2 extension, the 27 is still much smaller than my alternative 21.