close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My first Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Sixgill, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Sixgill

Sixgill

Hi guys, im soon to be a glock owner, this will be my very first weapon.

I'm trying to decide on either the G35 or the G34. Looking to shoot in competitions. BTW in from Canada so all pistols will have a maximum magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

Your feed back is appreciated.

Im also inquiring about the rumor that a .45 auto will arrive soon in a long slide. Any truth to this?

Thanks Sixgill

2. APD

APD Trunk Monkey

9mm is cheaper. Both do the job for competition. Either way you are in good hands.

3. Baal

Baal

I'm trying to make the same decision Sixgill. And also am in Canada.

My local range only has a G22 to rent so I can't try them both out.

B

4. Wadcutder

Wadcutder

I could not make up my mind on a G34 or G35 as well. So I bought both. ;)

5. Baal

Baal

Which do you prefer now that you have them? And why?

Buying both at the same time isn't practical for me. And most Canadians. Price too high. The G34 and 35 retail around $550US, which converts to about $720Cdn. But up here they retail around $1150Cdn.

B

6. Dino Rustler

Dino Rustler

The local gun range had a 'fun shoot' (IPSC style) and they had both a G34 and G35 which I shot the same event with. It was good way to compare both guns.
    For me I found the G34 a much easier gun to shoot. The muzzle jump is less, and felt recoil is less. Now having said there are lot's of people who love the G35. I just think that for a first timer why put up with any more recoil that you need to.
    9mm ammo will also be cheaper than 40, and may be easier to find.
    The only draw back would be that at a IPSC event 9mm is scored as a minor caliber, and you get less points. What that will teach you is to shoot all "A" s (max score) and not 'hose the target'.

7. anomad

anomad

If you want to shoot a lot, and are not planning to roll your own ammo, I would say go with 9mm.

Another way to do this would be purchasing a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm magazines for the G35. Then you could have both 40 and 9mm.

8. Baal

Baal

Thnx for the advice folks. I'm leaning towards the 34 now.

But since I only applied for my Posession and Acquisition License a couple weeks ago I still have to wait another month or two until they process it. So there's lots of time to finalize the decision. Sigh. Stupid bloody registry.

B

9. Sixgill

Sixgill

Hi guys, thanks for the updates. Im going to buy both, yes Baal they are expensive up here $1100 cad per pistol, $35 per magazine, $275 1000 rounds .40cal and $215 1000 rounds 9mm.

I couldnt decide on which one so im going for both, the total price is equivalent to a Holiday. So im just going to have to stay at home this year :)

10. Wadcutder

Wadcutder

I have only had the G34 and G35 for about two weeks now and have only been to the range once with them. So far I have put about 200rd through both guns.
    I have not decided which I like the best because I have not worked with them long enough to decide.

I also shoot IPSC (USPSA here) and IDPA. I decided to get the G34 for Production Class (USPSA) and Standard Division Class in IDPA. In Production class you do shoot minor but every one else is also scored minor in that class no matter if they are shooting 10, 40, or 45. I’m going to use the G35 for Limited Ten and Limited Class in USPSA.

If I had to choose between the two, it would be the G35. It can be used it in both Production Class and Limited Classes in USPSA. Some of the guys that roll their own will PF down to shoot their G35’s in production class but I didn’t what to go to all that trouble.

The thing I like about having a G34 and G35 is that the grips are the same, the sights and sight radius are the same, and I can use the same mag pouches and holster for both guns.

11. Wadcutder

Wadcutder

COOL!!!!;j Sixgill You dee man!!! I like your way of thinking. ;f