close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My First Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Big Thunder, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Big Thunder

Big Thunder

Just bought a new Glock 35 this past Monday. Never thought I would own a Glock (only Sigs in the past), but have to admit Glocks are really nice guns and the 35 provides great accuracy, balance and easy to use features. What concerns me is that I see a lot of warnings concerning reloading for the .40S&W when using a Glock. Most warnings state not to shoot reloads in a Glock .40S&W unless you buy an after market barrel that fully supports the cartridge all the way down to the rim. Is this true? Why would Glock make such a gun? They have too good of product to make that mistake. All comments appreciated. Thanks.

Big Thunder

2. Chopperdog

Chopperdog

This is true, to an extent. The unsupported chamber is a great design to make the pistols the most consistent and reliable handguns in the world. The kb problems you may hear about are not really related to the Glock. It usually has to do with reloads using weak cases, double charged rounds, lead bullets. I have even heard of it happening very rarely with factory ammo, probably defective in one way or another. All gun brands kb. It is not a flaw in the Glock, nor is it a mistake. Do a search on this subject and you will find more info than you can read in one night.

Congrats on your new Glock. Just take care of it and it will take care of you. Happy Glocking!!

3. Dino Rustler

Dino Rustler

If you reload for the 40 get a max case gage and check all rounds. If they do not fit do not use them. The Glock chamber tends to be slightly oversized and a round that does not fit in the case gage may still chamber. Bad news! Have seen the results. ( blew extractor out, and blew mag out bottom of gun. No damage to shooter or gun).
    I have never seen any problem with factory ammo, or reloads that you check.(doesn't mean it can't happen but lot less likely).
    I have RO'ed at the GSSF match for the last 7 years and have yet to see a kb with any gun.
    If you don't reload I would say its a non issue.
    If you reload check and double check!! Use powder that if you double charge spills over the case. Use case gage. Just pay attention and it shoul be a non issue.

4. cerberus

cerberus

Unless your a BIG handloading fan.:) I would stick with good American Mfg.Ammo. like Blazer brass case for range. I would never use a steel case type Ammo. like Wolf.;)