Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the market for a new bedside, home defense, backpack, etc 9mm for a while. My EDC is a Sig P354XL so wasn't looking for a new EDC. Wanted something that would serve as a do it all and have always wanted to try out Glock just because of their proven record to always go bang when needed. How ever I was also interested in the CZ P10C and Sig P320. Trying to find any of these locally to get my hands on was not easy.

Yesterday I stopped by a few local gun shops with no luck and there was one more left to swing by. Luckily they had a Glock G45 MOS and a Sig P320 RX so I got to handle them. The Sig felt really good, it looked better than the Glock and the trigger was much better for my hands but I still went with the Glock. Reasons why was because it felt a little more balanced in my hands and I just wanted to give it a try.

Other than range time with it are there any things you guys recommend I get for it? Are there any companies that make proven magazine extenders? I plan on getting a few more extra magazines for it.

·
JAFO
4,622 Posts
Congratulations, that's a great piece.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Taran Tactical mag extensions are proven and work they also come with the spring you need. I use them for uspsa competition on g17 mags which are the same ones your 45 uses and have never had a failure. I have done 5 events and lots of practice with them and never had an issue. The spring are a pain in the ass to attach to the follower but they are good to go. Almost every glock I see during competition is using them.

Glock also makes oem +2 extensions that I use with wolff +10% springs on my g19 mags

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great choice! I have really enjoyed mine. i don’t know your plans with it but I bought extended slide stop, extended slide release and extended mag release. My hands are old, like the rest of me, and sometimes train in the rain. Easier access with extended controls for me. The G45 feels very comfortable in my hand and points very naturally for me. Enjoy your great choice!

·
Gunslinger
1,877 Posts
Congrats on the G45. It will take G17 magazines, so if you are looking for large capacity mags, just grab a couple of factory Glock 33 rounders and call it a day. For practical purposes, the 17 rounders are more than you need as is.

Now, you need a couple more mags, a good holster or three, and lots of ammo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks fellas. I sold a Ruger GP 100 revolver that I had sitting in the safe for a long time to fund the purchase of the G45. And yesterday I sold my old Springfield XD 45 Compact that I have purchased a very long time ago and on the way home I stopped at the same gun shop and they still had the Sig XF on the shelf so I walked out with it. I'm very happy with both new purchases, now need to get some range time in with both. Here is the Sig.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks fellas. I sold a Ruger GP 100 revolver that I had sitting in the safe for a long time to fund the purchase of the G45. And yesterday I sold my old Springfield XD 45 Compact that I have purchased a very long time ago and on the way home I stopped at the same gun shop and they still had the Sig XF on the shelf so I walked out with it. I'm very happy with both new purchases, now need to get some range time in with both. Here is the Sig.

Sweet Sig! Shot a 226 for years. Quality piece of engineering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got one of the G45 MOS models myself a few weeks ago after looking at it and a S&W M&P 9 4.25". Both are damn fine pistols but went with the Glock since I already have a S&W 9EZ. Also have a Sig P365 that I added an XL grip frame to used for EDC. Put about 200 rounds through the G45 so far and only glitch was one FTE on the first mag which was a mix of new and reman ammo. I blame it on the reman. After that ran 100% with 115, 124 and 147 grain.
Still trying to decide if I want to add a red dot or upgrade to fiber optic sights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got one of the G45 MOS models myself a few weeks ago after looking at it and a S&W M&P 9 4.25". Both are damn fine pistols but went with the Glock since I already have a S&W 9EZ. Also have a Sig P365 that I added an XL grip frame to used for EDC. Put about 200 rounds through the G45 so far and only glitch was one FTE on the first mag which was a mix of new and reman ammo. I blame it on the reman. After that ran 100% with 115, 124 and 147 grain.
Still trying to decide if I want to add a red dot or upgrade to fiber optic sights. View attachment 928206
Same here, I like the idea of a red dot but don't know if I will be able to shoot well with one. Heard it takes a lot of training and with the price of ammo not really interested in going through a bunch of my inventory at the moment.

·
G22 4 Me
3,873 Posts
Congrats. Got my first Glock in 1997 (22 Gen 2 in .40 S&W), and didn’t get my second until yesterday.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Agree ^
I’ve had just about all of the Glock models, currently carry the G-45 when wearing a sweatshirt or jacket, LCP when required, G-19 the rest of the time.
The G-45 is my favorite Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts