close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My First Glock Was Born Today...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Th3Myth, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Th3Myth

Th3Myth aka SuchxNxSuch

Finally got my first Glock today, and it was born on 1/27/2010, not even a month old from the factory yet. When I first went to my local GunShop/Range I had my heart set on a G19 RTF2, but they didn't have any in stock and said that they probably wouldn't get any till the middle of spring, so I decided to get the G19 Gen 3. So I went to pickup my layaway today, and low and behold, they had an RTF2 version sitting in the case begging me to take her home. Asked the owner politely if I could exchange my layaway for the RTF2 and he said of course. Immediately after I paid off my Glock, I went to Walmart and bought 3 boxes of Federal Ammo for $9.47 a box, great thing was they had a lot in stock, which was surprising considering all the other wally worlds in-town have none. Went back to the Range, made sure my baby had the proper amount of lube in all the recommended areas and let loose. Shot 4 targets starting at 7yrds, 10yrds, 15yrds, and 25yrds. Couldn't ask for anything more for my first handgun. I'm glad that I made this great investment, and hope to make many more. Now I just need to get some night sights, a comfy holster, and maybe another mag or two. Would really like to start getting into league shooting and GSSF, cause I couldn't bare the fact of having a Glock and just letting it sit there. This will also be my carry and conceal, so I'm hoping that we get to know each other fairly quick.

PS... Excuse the ferret on the 15yrd target, couldn't get him to stay off the damn paper long enough for me to take the picture, lol

Attached Files:

2. cpolk

cpolk

Congrats, very nice 19.

3. den888

den888

Nice Glock 19 !

4. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

welcome and congrats on the new 19. Nice marmot

5. G36shooter

G36shooter

Congrats and welcome to the club. Ijust picked up a G22-RTF2 and love it, I would like my other 4 Glocks to have the RTF2 frame, it really sticks to your hand. Have fun with that 19 :cool:

6. FriscoCHL

FriscoCHL

Sweet pistola. so what happened to the gills? Glock not doing that any more on the RTF2's?

7. rottboy_8

rottboy_8

Congrats and great shooting!!!! Got my first Glock (G17 Gen 3) 3 weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since. Only things I've done to it, for now, is the ".25 trigger job" and purchasing a standard Lone Wolff barrel (mold my own lead heads) as the puppy will be fed a steady diet of lead. Still amazes me how simple and well-made Glocks are. No wonder they are so popular. Am looking forward to campaigning her in scheduled IDPA events this year. Happy shooting!!!:wavey:

8. bac1023

bac1023

9. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Nice choice and I like thr RTF big time.

10. Th3Myth

Th3Myth aka SuchxNxSuch

I wondered about the fish gills too. I did like them as they seem to be rare and different. My guess is they did away with them listening to other customers demands, but it also makes me wonder if the fish gill slides are gonna be some kind of collectors item now since I heard they don't make them anymore.

Also was gonna ask for some advice for my target practice. Any and all advice would be helpful being that this is my first gun and I've only went to the Range a handful of times.

11. das9mm26

das9mm26

RE: the targets......
    Just my opinion...but they're about what one can expect from ANY handgun at those respective distances.....Unless you're shooting from sandbags, or Ransom Rest....you're PROBABLY not going to get "tight groups" out past 10 yards....Consider 30 feet is the width of a fairly large living room; engaging a target across that distance (consistant COM hits), under stressful conditions, is going to be tough, regardless of what make/model/caliber of handgun you use....
    End of the day.....I'd keep practicing at 7 and 10 yds. for CONSISTANT COM....and worry less about 15 and 25 (although it's always nice to set aside a few "spare" rounds to use for "developmental testing".....:whistling:
    Nice choice on the 19!! Enjoy!

12. Marc1956

Marc1956 CLM #66

You know that it's alright to put all of your bullets through one hole, don't you? It's not necessary to use up all of the target just because you have it! :supergrin: Just kidding! Nice pistol, placement and pet. Welcome to the right side. :wavey:

13. Tactical black

Tactical black

14. capecodcowboy

capecodcowboy

sweet!!! Nice 19 and shooting, congrats...

15. Zertek

Zertek

16. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

17. cmcinc

cmcinc

Congrats and welcome.

18. angrydogtattoo

angrydogtattoo

"The Big Lebowski"? such a cool movie.

Really nice targets!

19. VA_Glocker

VA_Glocker

Congrats... where are you located to get ammo from Wally.. how much did u pay for the G19 RTF total?

20. Brent10mm

Brent10mm

your aims a little off...
    you missed the terrorist ferret!!!!:rofl:

j/k

Nice 19, :wavey:
    now go look for some 147 Fed. HST's, to feed that beast.