Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Glock, a G26 with night sights. I had planned to buy a 30SF but after shooting a 30 and a 26, I decided to go with the 26. I love my Colt 1911 but the 30 had a bit too much kick. Maybe after I have grown accustomed to the 26, I will get a 30 also.

My question is, is their an advantage to filling out the warranty card? Last I knew, warranties on items had to be honored whether the purchaser filled out the card or not. As long as you can prove when you purchased it, you are set. I usually try to avoid filling out cards to keep from getting on a bunch of mailing lists. I would like to be on Glock's mailing list but not everyone elses.

·
Banned
346 Posts
Glock can not legally deny you a warrantee repair claim based on your not filling out the card. I believe the card is used for notifying you of recalls, updates and for selling your information to companies that want to sell you something.

If you notice on most of those cards, they ask for information that has nothing to do with the purchase of the product. Such as income, sex, hobbies, what are you planning to buy next, Etc, Etc, Etc. I for one do not fill them out. If there is a recall or an update I will find out about it through sites like Glock Talk, Etc. The card is up to you. Have you ever noticed soon after buying a product you begin getting solicitations via the mail and the Internet? If you think about it, you most likely filled out a warrantee card and mailed it in.

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
I've never filled out a warranty card for any gun that I purchased. I've had dealings with two companies and neither seemed to care that I did not fill out and send in the warranty/registration card.

But, if you want to, go ahead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I always fill out warranty cards in case there is a recall or something. Warranty cards and 0nline warranty registrations often contain questions which are for market research. Those questions such as your sex, income, etc., are not mandatory. Just leave them blank. The warranty will register without them.

·
Banned
416 Posts
There are a ton of info databases being maintained by companies for all sorts of reasons. Do you want to end up in those databases? As a gun owner (with a little more to lose than someone who sends in their CD player warrranty card) I don't want to be databased by anyone as a gun owner for anybody to see for any reason. Your call though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I sent mine in. No questions asked such as sex, income, etc. Card was simple and looked like necessary identification info except for "where did you purchase" question and that didn't seem to be a big issue.

I don't believe that I've received info from others because of sending the warranty card to Glock.

I think that I'm already in "all" data bases.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I once sent in a gun warranty card with the reasoning that it would give me more legitimacy if I submitted the gun for repair. That was with my Taurus, and lo and behold I needed to send it for repair of factory defect. I've never sent a card for any other gun; it's yet another kind of voluntary registration.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I send them in. With S&W, they ended up sending me surveys/questionaires for what products I'd be interested in seeing them produce in the future. That was several years ago, and some of those guns are here now. Apparently they did not listen to my comments about the internal locks though.

·
just me
8,176 Posts
There are a ton of info databases being maintained by companies for all sorts of reasons. Do you want to end up in those databases? As a gun owner (with a little more to lose than someone who sends in their CD player warrranty card) I don't want to be databased by anyone as a gun owner for anybody to see for any reason. Your call though.
WELL SIR YOU ARE IN A BIG DATABASE :whistling: IF YOU OWN A GUN

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,735 Posts
I have bought and sent in the warranty cards for 4 NIB Glocks. I have not received any junk mail or noticed anything untowards as a result. It may be a trivial issue but if they have your card on file it MAY expidite communications and indirectly expidite your service should you need it.

I always send in my warranty card. It doesn't seem to hurt anything and it may be of some benifit if/when you need to deal with the company. I have never had an issue with my Glocks so my theory is untested so I don't really know if there is a benifit or not.

·
IYAAYWOT
3,516 Posts
I sent mine in. No questions asked such as sex, income, etc. Card was simple and looked like necessary identification info except for "where did you purchase" question and that didn't seem to be a big issue.

I don't believe that I've received info from others because of sending the warranty card to Glock.
Ditto. I sent mine in to make sure I was in the Glock system for repair/recall. It may not be an issue, but when I pay $500+ for a product, I want the company to know that I have that product. Glock may be a straight up company with good customer service, but you never know what the future holds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts