My first Force on Force Class

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by new2town, Oct 21, 2010.

1. new2town

new2town

This is my fisrt time with airsoft. Any suggestions on what to wear or not to wear? I know you should feel the pain, but I do need to work the next day. Thanks,

2. CRUEL HAND LUKE

CRUEL HAND LUKE

I have some experience in this area...

I usually recommend students wear an airsoft mask, long sleeve sweathshirt, paintball gloves or mechanics gloves, a CUP, and some people like to wrap a towel or something around their neck. I would wear a hat turned around backwards under the mask because a hit on the scalp may well bleed.

That is what I recommend for doing drills where you will probably be getting shot a lot. If you are just doing scenarios where will not be getting shot over and over again, I suggest you dress normally with just a mask.

The reason I suggest you "armor up" for drills is that though the BBs do not hurt like getting hit with a brick does, the cumulative effect of BBs on bare skin over the course of a day makes concentrating on what is being taught harder to focus on as you worry more about the marks on your skin that are beginning to make you look like you tried to cuddle with a hornets nest.

If your class is scenario based you will not have the opportunity to be shot as much so the extra padding is not really needed...at least in my experience. After all, at NTI all we wear for protection is a grinders mask and a neck cover and we use Sims rounds there.

3. HK Dan

HK Dan

Yeah, they smart. In fact, by the middle of the class, people will be flinching when the gun comes up, not unlike they'd do with a real firearm...<g>

I liken it to a bee sting, but not as long lasting. They;ll raise welts, and if shot up close they can break skin.