My first CZ pistol (P-01) - Accuracy?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Snak3, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Snak3

Snak3

Hi,

I'm new to the CZ Club. For how long I will be a "member", I do not know.

I picked up a CZ 75 P-01 in good condition yesterday. The original owner is a LEO and took good care of the weapon. The gun is only 2 years old, and the previous owner claims to only have a couple thousand rounds through it.

I was shooting it for the first time in comparison with my Glock 19. I read so many people claiming that their CZ's were tac drivers... meaning excellent accuracy. Most agreed that their P-01 outshot their Glocks every time.

I am an experienced shooter, and I am very capable at shooting a DA / SA pistol the same as my light triggered DAO Glock. At 25 feet standing, my groups were close to the 4-5 inch range with the CZ, and my Glock 19's was half that.

What are your experiences with shooting CZ's are far as accuracy, and what experiences have you encountered when comparing accuracy to your Glocks?

Thanks.

2. adamg01

adamg01

If Glock is pretty much all you shoot, I would say that is your issue. I sold my last DA/SA Sig 228 about a year ago, which I shot very little. That left me with some Glocks, Walther PPS, and some revolvers. I was at the range a couple of weeks ago shooting my G19 and hitting the 100 yard gong consistently. I tried out my BIL's Hk P30 and embarrassed myself at 15 yards distance. I know in theory it would be easier to shoot the Cz with a lighter trigger. I would try the Cz at the range by itself for at least 100 rounds and see if your groups don't tighten up. I was probably more accurate with my last Cz than my G19.

3. JNKIRK1974

JNKIRK1974

The Glock is a good shooter. I am probably one of the few in the "General Firearms Forum" that actually like shooting Glocks (I own three...G21, G23, G27). With that said.......

If you are a dedicated Glock shooter and never branch out to other guns, in my opinion, you will develop certain habits that will greatly affect the way you shoot non-Glock guns. Grip angle being the biggest issue (for me). Since I shoot a lot and own several different types of guns, I have no issue moving from one to another.

Give the P-01 more time. It's you, not the gun (that's not a slam, just a fact). Most guns are more accurate than we humans are.

Now, I do not own a CZ, but have wanted to get one for quite some time.......I've just started buying 1911's, so the CZ has been put on the back burner.

Don't give up on the CZ. You will regret it later. Keep practicing, you'll get it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. Adam5

Adam5

100 rounds at 15 yards with my CZ SP-01 Phantom.

[​IMG]

5. jem375

jem375 NRA Life Member

My CZ PO1 is the most accurate 9MM I own, I traded a G26 off and replaced it with the PO1.. My other 9's are a Ruger SR9 and G17...

6. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

My CZ is more accurate than any of my Glocks. The caveat for me is "from a bench". I usually use my Glocks for IDPA because I'm more familiar with them, and shoot them "accurately enough" at speed and moving.

I'd try some different ammo with the CZ and give it some trigger time. Its possibly the gun itself causing the problem, but I havent heard of or seen alot of inaccurate 75 series CZs. If its the gun, you might ask Angus Hobdell on the CZ site for some advice.

7. RightGlock1

RightGlock1

I have a CZ SP01 Tactical in .40. It is as accurate as my G23 & G22. I shoot any of them equally. The CZ's are fine weapons, and grossly underrated by some. You have to shoot them to appreciate them. I'd recommend a lot of dry firing to smooth out the trigger if it has a low round count. (Use snap caps). If that does not do it,
    Keninnavarre was right about asking Angus Hobdell on the CZ forum site. His outfit does great work. There is also Matthew Mink that does great work on CZ's.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your purchase.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  8. Snak3

Snak3

Thanks guy for the GREAT comments and advice. I was a little discouraged after leaving the range, but I feel much better and more confident that I will improve my shooting now.

:wavey:

9. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

Glocks are not DAO.

I get about 6-8" groups with my P-01 at 25 yards.

10. Snak3

Snak3

A Glock is not double action only? Can you explain the single action on the Glock please?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  11. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

Great shooting . I heard the trigger are great on the Phantoms.

12. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

Congrats on the P-01 and keep practicing . It's kinda like playing softball for the summer and then go play a round of golf. Screws my swing up every time and take around or two to get it back :steamed:.

13. methodius

methodius

I have owned a G17, P89, SR9C, P-01, Feg HiPower clone, and a couple of others. I still have the SR9C and P-01. I love my CZ and it is quite accurate. And like any gun it likes certain ammo brands better than others. I had some handloads that I used in the Feg that shot reasonably well but the CZ did not. I have found mine likes 124gr bullets vs. 115 or 147. It also likes Speer GoldDots but not Winchester SXT (accuraccy and not feeding - it eats anything). Maybe it is a combination of ammo and Glock trigger habits. Or it is the gun - not every one comes out of the factory the same. Mine is a keeper. You couldn't pry it out of my hands.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  14. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

I have owned CZ's since 1997 and now own 7 of them. When i bought my first Glock in July and shooting only SA/DA pistols for over 30 years so the Glock and never fired a striker fired gun. It took alot of dry firing the Glocks and practice at the range 2/3 time dry firing and 1/3 time shooting but i finally got alot better. I took my P-01 out last week and still can shoot it as good as any gun i ever shot. The P-01 is one of the best 9mm's made.

They are NATO approved but the Chezk Police had CZ do another test much more harsh and when some of my engineers read some of these results those guys got a P-01 very quickly. I have 2 G19 which is in the size category with the P-01. So give yourself some time to adjust . If you still have issues have some one you know shoot the P-01. Then if the same i would call Rob at the CZ Custom shop or one if the gunsmith at CZ are great to talk to. BTW check out the CZ forum i post there some and see others from GT have got the CZ addiction. Good Luck

The Police test in more detail is on the web but on this link they mention some of it.
    http://cz-usa.com/press-releases/102/

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  15. Berto

Berto woo woo

Most handguns are considerably more accurate than their shooter. Chances are, with a little more familiarizing, the CZ will shoot just fine.

16. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

CZ has a lot different trigger than a Glock.
    That's why You can't get the instant results.
    All You need is time.
    CZ IMHO is a better pistol than Glock, but Glock is a very good gun as well.

17. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

Glock has what they call a "safe action" mechanism. It's not really a single action or a double action. You should look it up because I do not know how to explain how it works in the right technical terms.