close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My FFL has been "selling the Gen 4 for MONTHS!"

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SteadyGlock, Jan 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Man.....I'm the first to admit that I asked (and continue to ask) some of the STOOPIDist questions here on GT.....but at least I'm trying to educate myself. I went to my local gun shop today to pick up my sweeeet new OD G30, and while they were running the check I mentioned that I had a G17 RTF2. The clerk proceeded to insist that that was the Gen 4, over and over again. I nicely told him about the SHOT show debut, the interchangeable back straps, info / photos on GT, etc. The manager stepped in to say that they hadn't seen any of those yet, but he looked at me as if I just stepped out of the mental hospital. I was under the impression that these guys eat, sleep, and breathe firearms, and would at least have SOME idea as to what is going on with the top selling weapons. Geez......

2. B Coyote

B Coyote

If most gunshop clerks knew half of what they thought they knew about guns, they'd be guru's.

bc

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

You REALLY need to find a new gunshop!

4. voyager4520

voyager4520

I had thought the same for the longest time too. Then after a while I came to the conclusion that while most people running FFL businesses do enjoy their second amendment rights, they're not necessarily gun nuts like us. You'd think they'd know about the newest stuff, but they're often so consumed with running their business that they don't have a chance to look into things themselves. They just know what their distributor has available for them at the moment, which is all that really matters when it comes to their business anyway.

My first hint at this was going into the biggest gun store in my town(not a big town, not a big store) and asking if they had Federal HST hollowpoints. The guy looked at me like I was retarded.

5. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

back in early 09 I was at a local gun shop and the salesman swore they were selling 4th gen Glocks and when I asked to see one he all of a sudden "misplaced" them. Take everything they say with a grain of salt.

6. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Here is the rules again....

1. NEVER listen to gun store employees/owners
    2. NEVER listen to customers in gun stores (Especially if they are wearing camo and talking about 'nam and/or their time as a special forces sniper)
    3. See rule #1 & #2

7. Mellio

Mellio

I had the same experience recently. I was asking about some class III stuff and the sales person gave me some really bad info. I was thinking the same thing you were. Aren't theese people suppose to know about this stuff? I guess sales people are sales people no matter what products they sell. Know what I mean?

No offense to any sales people out there.:supergrin:

8. Larry V

Larry V

One gunshop I browse insists that their is no Glock 19 or 23 RTF2. I never buy anything their and this is the reason. I am ready to order one on Glockmeister and take it their to show him!!!!

9. MonsterB

MonsterB

My experience at the local gun shops has been the same....from the big range I go to that rents mostly Glocks, and the guy at the desk with the Glock armorers smock not having any idea what he was talking about, to another shop that was supposedly a major glock dealer never having heard of the mag extensions, I have come to the conclusion that this website is the best resource for glock info....I have little patience for total incompetence..

10. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

You make a really interesting point. In fact, at the shop I mention, I think the owners / managers are scrambling to keep things going. They really are most concerned with running their business, and the only truly up to date info they know about is related to their particular weapon. As for the clerks....they seem pumped up to have the job, not to mention the opportunity to ACT like a true expert. So they pretty much make it up as they go along. As one post here pointed out, GT seems to be the only real place to get solid info. And even if it's NOT solid info, you can bet that somebody on GT will call it out pretty quick. Thank God for the true experts who are watching over the site.....

No, I am not a paid GT endorser (but maybe I should be?) :supergrin:

11. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

Its pretty much been embedded into my head from experience, that most of the Gun Shop employees/owners/etc, are pretty much idiots. Sad thing is, you can't even argue with them because they're so damn stupid they KNOW they're right about something even when they actually are NOT.

12. perkins3120

perkins3120

i was looking a a store yesterday for a conversion barrel from 40 to 9 and the guy tried to tell me that was impossible and no one makes that nonsense and if they did they would have told him at his glock armorers course and i told him he might want to retake it and look in to some products for the store and walked away before i got too frusterated

13. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

wow....I mean....that's just awful.

14. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

If'n youse got a Glock question and you want a response online,ask Butch,he's a CLM here.

Any/all questions I have about Glocks is directed at him.'08.

Sorry my friend. :wavey:

15. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

:tongueout:

I tell them that the RTF is 4th Gen. to mess them up.
    :rofl:
    Now I tell them the 4th is the 5th.
    Poor gun store guys.
    :faint:

16. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Ma'aM youse is of the debbil.'08.

Howdy me' lady. :wavey: :tongueout:

17. firedawg60

firedawg60

:rofl::rofl: I like this one!!!

18. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Signed: Debbil, name withheld.
    :supergrin::wavey:

19. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If gunstore employees spent even 15 minutes a MONTH on gun forums, they'd be far more learned than the 15min a day they spend scratching their butts and nuts.

'Drew

20. B Coyote

B Coyote

Or they would pollute the water even more.

bc