Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Glocked out, have a new SIGness!
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the best OWB holster I have ever had. The gun stays tight against the body and rides high enough a t-shirt tail covers it. This particular holster fits 150 different pistols. Very sturdy and worth every penny! They have a full size style and the matching mag carriers.

Phalanx Defense Systems https://phalanxsystems.com/products/stealth-operator-holster-compact-rh-black-owb/

I WOULD ADD MY OWN PICTURES BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS SINCE FRIDAY.

·
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not clear, does 1 holster fit 150 firearms?
Yes it does. I wish I could upload pictures here. I've contacted them using the contact me at the bottom, but no response.

·
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a fan of any generic holster that fits 150 different guns. Holster should be molded to fit a specific gun. No thanks.
Thats kinda what I was thinking too^^^^^....I run kydex from a local company, similar design, love it...made for my specific gun.
I know what you're thinking, because I used to be the same way. There is ZERO play in this holster. My guns do not wobble, wiggle, or shift. I can take the 29 out and lay it down, put the 33 in it and go, or the 20. The only gun that has a little play in it is the 43, and I dont carry it owb. Maybe I'll take a video with it in my hand, and show you. Don't be so closed minded guys.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
That could be helpful to folks with multiple guns that it fits.
Usually, one size fits all doesn't fit any very well. You may have found the exception but pardon us if we don't share your excitement until we see folks with multiple guns tested in it.

·
Registered
23,266 Posts
I have one I'll use when i take multiple pistols to the range. It works good on the glocks, full size sigs, and USPs. It kinda worked on my VP9 and not very well for my security 9.

·
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one I'll use when i take multiple pistols to the range. It works good on the glocks, full size sigs, and USPs. It kinda worked on my VP9 and not very well for my security 9.
Yeah, my Ruger P93 wont quite fit because of the slide stop lever.

Maybe using Tapatalk I can actually upload the pics.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the 33, not much difference. I'll go around to all my friends and take pictures of their guns in it. I'll try my father in laws Taurus 809 tomorrow.

Reactions: tuica and fastbolt

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
Curious. Usually this sort of 1-holster-fits-all/many turns out to be vaporware, or something that doesn't withstand the rigors of normal wear (let alone range use) and is still able to retain weapon safely and securely. Or, it holds the weapon okay, but doesn't allow for a smooth and easy draw and presentation.

The company might be better served if they offered a short 5 minute video presentation of their holster snugly and properly accommodating a variety of common handguns.

If it were to able to really securely accommodate a variety of my compact and subcompact 3rd gen S&W pistols, I might be interested in trying one.

·
Registered
23,266 Posts
Curious. Usually this sort of 1-holster-fits-all/many turns out to be vaporware, or something that doesn't withstand the rigors of normal wear (let alone range use) and is still able to retain weapon safely and securely. Or, it holds the weapon okay, but doesn't allow for a smooth and easy draw and presentation.

The company might be better served if they offered a short 5 minute video presentation of their holster snugly and properly accommodating a variety of common handguns.

If it were to able to really securely accommodate a variety of my compact and subcompact 3rd gen S&W pistols, I might be interested in trying one.
First time i saw one it was for sale at FLETC. They were marketing them to fed agents

·
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It really does my friend. Obviously my chubby Glock 29 is a little tighter than the 33, but both are secure, and the draw doesnt feel like you are tearing your belt off. I will pass on your comments to them, and I will make you a video. I'll go to my friends gunshop and stick different types of pistols in it. Make the video by holding it upside down, maybe use a fish scale/trigger pull gauge to check retention weight, etc.

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
23,266 Posts

You made me curious. Here it is with my 4506

Then my 457

Same holster with a beretta 92

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
First time i saw one it was for sale at FLETC. They were marketing them to fed agents

Well, that's a savvy and discriminating bunch of users, huh? ;)

It really does my friend. Obviously my chubby Glock 29 is a little tighter than the 33, but both are secure, and the draw doesnt feel like you are tearing your belt off. I will pass on your comments to them, and I will make you a video. I'll go to my friends gunshop and stick different types of pistols in it. Make the video by holding it upside down, maybe use a fish scale/trigger pull gauge to check retention weight, etc.
That's a lot of work. The product must've impressed you.

Something I'd like to see is how the bottom of the full-size holster cups the sides of the slide (since I hate oil weepage stains on pants and car seats from slide dustcovers and barrel muzzles), and whether their proprietary technology means the inside of the holster pocket is just a tight fit into which different shapes of slides can be shoved.

How much pressure does it require to fully seat the slide? Any chance of the "pocket's" side tension being enough to press a slide/barrel into disconnect?

Also, I'm a little skeptical/curious how a holster that is supposed to fit 150+ different pistols would take into account that different pistol designers have located the ejection ports of their guns in slightly different locations, as well as the side of the port being higher/lower on different guns. Does their one ejection port molded position mean it's out of position for some guns? If so, how does that affect the fit?

It would be wonderful if someone finally solved the eternal mystery of how to design and produce a one-size-really-properly-fits-all-guns holster, but I've been to that rodeo put on by another plastic holster company. ;)

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
You made me curious. Here it is with my 4506

Then my 457

Same holster with a beretta 92

Thanks for the pics.

However, what's the front of the holster opening look like below the frame dustcover, viewed from the front? Wide enough of an opening to accommodate the lower and wider riveted accessory rail added to the frame's dustcover on the TSW's?

While I have a couple of expensive leather holsters that fit them, the idea of a slimmer plastic scabbard is still appealing for some circumstances and roles, especially if I could use it for both my railed and non-railed models of 9, .40 & .45 3rd gens.

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
Maybe I just haven't looked through their website and catalog enough, but I missed seeing their warranty/guarantee.

All I saw was this disclaimer at the bottom of the Will Fit page of the website:
Proper fit of holster remains the sole determination and liability of the buyer. Phalanx Defense Systems assumes no liability whatsoever for the selection of this product to perform to any level or definition of proper fit for any specific weapon or ammunition magazine.

If you've spoken to them, do they offer a refund policy (without restocking fee) if you aren't satisfied with how your gun fits their generic plastic holster?

While I've taken a sabbatical from teaching, I still have a number of LE friends and instructors who often call to ask me for gear suggestions.

On the one hand, it would be awfully damned handy to be able to recommend a single, safe & durable plastic holster they could use with some of their different pistols for both training and off-duty carry roles. (Especially the gun guys who are buying a different pistol every couple of weeks.)

On the other hand, I've had ample opportunity to learn the hard way that if something seems like it's too good to be true, it might really turn out to be too good to be true once the honeymoon is over and the rubber meets the road. ;) I won't recommend gear that may look and feel cool. I have to justifiably believe the lives of my friends, other cops who trust me ... and myself ... can depend on the gear to do at least as good as promised.

Let's just say I'm curious ... Anybody remember I Am Curious (Yellow), or am I giving away my age? :)

·
Registered
23,266 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

However, what's the front of the holster opening look like below the frame dustcover, viewed from the front? Wide enough of an opening to accommodate the lower and wider riveted accessory rail added to the frame's dustcover on the TSW's?

While I have a couple of expensive leather holsters that fit them, the idea of a slimmer plastic scabbard is still appealing for some circumstances and roles, especially if I could use it for both my railed and non-railed models of 9, .40 & .45 3rd gens.
There is a gap on the bottom that would probably accommodate that rail (i don't know why S&W didn't make them all like the CHP versions). It grips my 4506 around the trigger guard. I shook it upside down and it didn't come out.

Reactions: fshealy41

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
If it fits one Glock it will probably fit all of them except the single stacks of course may rattle a little. But anyway, that holster is almost exactly like one I have made by Outlaw Holsters, about the same price. I know I can slip my Sig P6 in it also, but it is formed for a Glock. I have a Blackhawk Serpa CQC (yes, that one) for my G19. I use it with the paddle, it is very comfortable and hugs tight. I found I can slip my Taurus Slim in it and it locks in. It is possible and handy sometimes to use one holster for several different guns but I still like to use the dedicated models.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts