Home > The Main Room > The Okie Corral > My Father, Bill Powell has passed...

My Father, Bill Powell has passed...

1. Thursday, August 6...
    My father has been in the Hospital. He got out today, but the outlook isn’t good. He is at home with round-the-clock nursing care. I thought I’d put this post here for those that remember him from his Bill Powell Stories threads, here on GT. He spent years here sharing stories with everyone. I thought those of you who remember him could share a kind word. I’m sure he would enjoy the comments. Please keep him in your prayers.

Mods, any chance we could get this stickies for a few days?

2. Sorry to hear this, Eric; your father and your family will be in our prayers....

3. I’m sorry Eric.

Bill’s stories always made me laugh. He is a heck of a man and I hope we get to hear atleast a few more adventures.

4. Best wishes , losing family is one of the hardest things in life

5. Eric, I've been here 21 years and always read any thread your dad started. I'm going to do a search now to recall some of the stories.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your dad, you and your family.

6. Prayers for your father and your family.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

7. It's tough no doubt. Prayers for your dad and your family.

8. Very sorry to hear Eric. If there is anything we can do, let us know.

9. Heavenly Father, Creator of all things. Praised be Your holy name, for You are the one true God: the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob who continues to redeem all those who turn in faith and repentance towards Judah's Lion and Lamb: Jesus the Christ!
    Abba Father, our lives are short, but a vapor in the wind. We're here today, and gone tomorrow. Like grass and flowers in the field, we grow, wither, and fall; yet Your Word endures forever! It is now, at the later years of Bill's life, that we come to You in this time of need: he needs a miracle, Your healing hand to come to his aid now, so I pray You will have mercy, and give much grace to him at this time. Father, I ask that You will give more time for his withering health, that You will sustain him a while longer in this earth of Yours.
    I ask this in the name of Jesus, repeating now the words You've taught us to say when we pray: Our Father, who are in heaven, hallowed be Your name; Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive our debts, as we forgive our debtors, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

10. Thanks for letting us know, Eric. Bill probably doesn't remember me well (or maybe at all) ... I was not active here from about 2005 to 2009, which I think is when he was mostly writing those posts you mentioned. But I do remember him, quite a character. Let him know we're all pulling for him, and he should just get better. There's always time for that some other day.

11. As I said in another thread, Chuck Norris wears a shirt with Bill Powells picture on it!

Bill and I have chatted and we can not remember ever meeting but know a lot of the same people in the car world and have been to some of the same events. Bill is a legend in the car world. Need a clutch made from scratch for an Enzo? Need the maiden name of the guys wife that put the lights on a Duesenberg? What to know what kind of shoes Karl Benz was wearing the day he went for the first car drive....? Bill knows.

Bill knows. :)

He even managed to make the Big Giant Head....but we wont hold that against him.

12. :( sorry to hear... my prayers are with you and your family.

13. Sorry to hear. Will keep in my prayers

14. My Dad passed a few years ago, I was 3000 miles away and couldn't be there. I still miss him. So spend every minute you can with him, because when he goes you lose the chance to share memories with him.

15. Hey brother, am new here, really wish I knew more about your father. May understand more as I delve more into this place, but I still wish to send my wishes to you and yours in this time.

16. I had just joined, and one of the early pleasures of GT was reading your Dad’s stories.

I wish him and his family every blessing possible.

17. This says it for me as well. Eric, I’m sorry you and your family are going through this, talk to hospice.

18. Best wishes for your dad, Eric. Unfortunately his stories were before my time here.

19. Prayers sent for comfort and healing.
    I remember enjoying his stories, including Slicky-Boy.
    I think story-telling is an art that runs in your family.

20. I always enjoyed Mr. Powell's stories. God bless him, and you hang tough Eric.

21. Best wishes.

22. Eric

I remember him well. Enjoyed his stories immensely. You will both be in my prayers.

23. Sad to hear this. I always enjoyed Bill's stories. I named a cat Slicky Boy as mentioned in one of his Korean tales.

24. Done...

25. He frequently made me smile. Prayers for your family.

26. Eric ---

I'm saddened to hear this. Prayers to you and your family.

27. Prayers for you both, Eric.

Keep us posted.

28. Stay strong for your dad and you'll find it also strengthens you. Prayers sent.

29. His stories were before my time here.

Prayers lifted up for you, your father and your family and friends.

30. That's tough to bear. Prayers for you and yours.

31. I'll be praying for you and yours, Eric.

32. Positive waves, heading your way, Eric. And to Bill, too. His threads are always worth reading. Be with him as much as you can.

33. My deepest sympathy Eric. I loved your dads stories. Slicky boy, I believe.

34. Prayers for everyone. I remember a few of his stories.

35. Prayers sent, Eric. tom.

36. I'm sorry to hear this. Treasure the time you have left and take full advantage. You won't regret it.
    Praying for you and your family.

37. I’m sorry to hear, Eric. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and the family.

38. Prayers for you and your family Eric.....

39. Eric, I just prayed for your dad and your family. I'm sorry y'all are facing this.

40. That's sad. Prayers for your Dad Eric.

41. Sorry to hear this news, prayers and good thoughts your way.

42. Prayers sent... a true storyteller is a very important person, good ones have a way of not just reciting the past, but weaving it in and out of the current and even touching the future. Listening (or reading) to them forms a connection and takes the story to more of a shared memory for everyone listening. When Bill Powell wrote stories... I read them like I was there. I was given the experience and allowed to make it MY memory. A rare talent. I wish him well and hope those closest to him continue to share and cherish his memories.

43. Sorry to hear this. Prayers for him and your whole family. Great storytellers are a gift to us all.

44. I well remember your father and always enjoyed his contributions to the forum.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

45. Prayers sent

46. Prayers and well wishes sent!

47. Dear Eric,
    Story tellers are wonderful people and Bill was the best. Please let him him know there's a guy down here in the land of Rum and Reggae pulling for him and his family.
    One Love,
    Jamrock

48. I am so sorry to hear this. I wish you and he the best. I hope things take a turn for the better, but if it doesn’t, hopefully he can be made comfortable and be able to tell a few more stories.

49. Good thoughts and prayers, for your Dad, you, and your family, Eric.