my experence with kahr arms

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by billy b, Oct 29, 2010.

1. billy b

billy b

i recently had a case head failure with my pm9. blew out extractor & side panel. sent gun in on mon. 10-29, next day air, fed law. they called today fri. told me how much repair would be. will be sent out today. will get spring & mag. release updates & a few other updates. total including return air shipping $172. i think that is very reasonble. person i talked to was very nice. asked him afew qeastions answered them all very politely.

2. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Did this happen with a reload or factory ammo?

3. billy b

billy b

was reload.told them that upfront. 7.0 hs6. must have been weak case. 115 hornady hp. was my fault .

4. ilgunguygt

Gotcha! Stuff can happen at times when reloading. Do you post in the reloading forum here on GT?

5. chris in va

chris in va

Huh, not even a max load according to my Lyman manual. Probably right, a weak case. This is exactly why I load everything about 10% above minimum, provided it cycles properly.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  6. ilgunguygt

In all honesty, being an avid reloader I doubt it was a weak case. In most cases something like this is an overcharge, which is easy to do, and not something to be embarassed about at all.

I dont mean to imply it has to be OP, it just usually is. However, you will get a weak case sometimes also.

7. ronin.45

ronin.45

Glad they were able to take care of you. The price seems very reasonable for the work done. I've had all positive experiences with Kahr.

8. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

You know I recently found this out, did you know that Kahr Arms is owned by the moonies? I never knew this! I kinda LOL'd in shock, who would've thought.

and it's actually a funny concept, the kid had money as his dad was rich and famous , and was basically told , What do you want to do, he's like, I wanna start my own gun company, and presto lol, Kahr Arms.

9. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

It has never been a secret that Justin Moon founded the company.

I have two Kahr handguns. Good guns, both. I have never knowingly met a member of the Unitarian Church. I guess it is not a problem, in my book.

10. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Naw I didn't mean it as a problem just a shock thats all, and by shock I mean I laughed when I read it, I really could care less , I know ppl who have Kahrs and also had no idea.

Not my choice of gun or church but it takes all kinds to make a world, and I for one am too lazy to argue with ppl about their beliefs, lol , just was funny to me when I found out.