close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my dog went in her cage!!!!!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Ender, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

long story short, my pup doesn't like to be locked up at all.

shes managed to bust outta everything i've put her in. tonight, she went in her cage, all by herself, and laid down! i guess she is finally regarding it as hers (even though she spends at most 2 hrs/day in it...the only time she stays in it good is when i'm at home. every other time i leave she busts out in about 2 mins.

anyways, i told her what a good girl she was, and she went in and out about 3 times in 10 mins :)!

2. Spen84107

Spen84107

Congratulations! :)

It's such a feeling of accomplishment when they finally view the cage as "their place".

The older of my two dogs never did accept it, but I believe that is because he was abused with a cage. (I got him from the Humane Society, he was emaciated and very afraid of cages and plastic bags)

The youngest, however, loves her cage.

;)

3. Slobberchops

Slobberchops WTF?!?!?

4. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

i never thought i'd see the day when she went in voluntarily (except to grab a toy shed left behind, and only when nobody was around.

she went it, plopped down, and looked at me like, "see what a good girl i am???"

i was so proud *sniff*

5. testosterone

testosterone

i share your feeling...i thought my dog would HATE his run i built in the yard. now when i let him in the yard he goes in and lays down there. i guess he now sees it as 'his' so he doesnt mind being there.