close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My defender or a glock 27?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by doomonyou, Mar 10, 2003.

1. doomonyou

doomonyou

Hello, this is my first post here. I have been reading for a while now. This is a great site! I have owned a Glock 23 for many years, and carry it often. I bought a Colt Defender .45 a few years ago, I was looking for something smaller to carry besides my Glock. After doing some reading I have a new interest in the Glock 27. I have never carried or even fired my Defender! After getting it home I put in the safe where it sits today. I really am not sure why I don't carry it, but I think on reason is it still is a little big for what I want to carry. I called my dealer and he has Glock 27's for $500.00 out the door. With night sights they are $575.00. Are these good prices? I would like your opinions on this, should I stick with my .45, or should I add to the Glock family with a .40?
    Thanks for your help.

2. pistolero6869

pistolero6869

Just went to the PGH Pa gun show Sun and from what I saw that sounds like a deal to me.I saw some used almost that much when tax and reg. is added. Go for the night sights for the few bucks more you won't be sorry. Good luck,
    GFM

3. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

The 27 is a great little pistol. Some ammunition kicks a bit in it more than others. Choose something comfortable to shoot. I like the 180gr Ranger Ts.

4. ch-po

ch-po

I posted this same info on another thread, but it applies here as well.

I would recommend the 27.

Reasons:

1. Small size
    2. 10 rounds (with no extension)
    3. Same caliber as the G23 you already own.
    a. Buy a bunch of .40's and they will fit either of your guns
    b. G23 magazine can be used in the G27
    c. Good all round caliber
    d. Exact same feel and size (minus a little on the barrel and
    grip) as your G23
    e. If used to shooting the G23, G27 will be very similar

5. commander

commander

My 27 is my 24/7. It's a very logical choice especially if you have and are :) with a 23. Try to get used to the stock grip length. It really does help in concealment especially in an ankle holster.;)

6. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

I agreee with all these guys, that the 27 is a great little gun.
    Own one myself..... But. Don't throw away your 45, learn to use it. it does make great big holes! That defender, which i have owned as well, is very concealable if you play around with it long enough and learn just what works for you. It is also exteremy accurate. But I don't believe you will be dissipointed with the G27, mine shots very well, and no recoil problems, (for me anyway).

Having a choice between the two.. i would not hesitate to take the 45.

But then again, i like the bigger calibers. :)

CanyonMan