My day at the Range Sunday...

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by silversport, Aug 3, 2015.

1. silversport

silversport

well...to start with it was HOT on the range...it felt like it was raining inside my glasses :D

...two of the pistols brought were the S&W M&P 357c and a SIGPro 2340 in 357 SIG...cartridges used were the 1375 fps version of Speer Gold Dot...

both pistols shot very smooth and recoil was not much more than a 9mm I was also shooting (115 GR Remington FMJ...OLD box)...

Accuracy was great with the 357 SIG naturally (for me ;) ) and the only issue is an issue I have had with the M&P 357c since day one...my current thumbs forward hold rests my thumb right on the slide release (or near it) and this causes the slide to not lock open on the last round most of the time...no BIG issue but irritating none the less...as a Southpaw this is new to me and a symptom of the M&P's ambi controls...

The SIGPro was plenty accurate and other than the feeling that sometimes the grip feels as though I am squeezing it and the pistol might squirt up through my hands, this is a sweet shooter...the SIGPro currently has the small grip panels but in the newest SP 2022 style (slightly more aggressive texture) and feel better than the medium stock panel or the rubbery large panel to me...not perfect but I certainly wouldn't feel bad if this were my only pistol...

other than the extreme heat on the range, it was a good day of shooting and the 357 SIG was a pleasure to shoot...

Bill

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    NitLion likes this.
  2. NitLion

NitLion

Great to hear your range report! If you were to put together a list of very good... yet underrated pistols, the 2340 would be on that list!
    The heat is definitely a challenge! I am more cold tolerant myself!

3. Ammunition Attrition

Ammunition Attrition

Silver, this man might be able to help fix that grip, or anything else with the Sig, if you can part with it for...a few weeks:

http://grayguns.com/

4. silversport

silversport

thanks guys...the SP2340 is my brother's right now but I may have to get it back from him... :D

Bill