close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my dads house was broken into!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by aimatdeer, Jan 24, 2010.

1. aimatdeer

aimatdeer Large Member

my mom died of lung cancer almost three years ago and my dad found a great lady late last year. anyway he stays at her place most of the time. he goes home and checks on things and gets his mail. he is really thinking about selling the house as he and his lady are getting pretty serious. i head over there earlier today to get some painting supplies cause i painted his house last summer and some of my painting goodies were still over there in the basement. i unlock the door and the place is turned upside down!!!! i went into the next room a little confused and see the backdoor kicked in and glass everywhere. the back screen door was propped open. i got a really awkward moment and wondered if anyone was still there so i put my hand up the bottom of my shirt on the g27 i had on me and went back out the front door. got out side and called the police and then tried to call dad. nobody was in the house but they got over a thouand dollars worth of collectible knives and grampas old jc higgins 12 ga. pump.:steamed: finally got a hold of dad and he was not happy but at least everyone is ok . i really hope dad gets his things back but i doubt it.

2. Little Joe

Little Joe

Sorry to hear that. I hate a thief. :steamed:

LJ

3. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne

I hope they catch the guy. Sorry to hear this.

4. deadmonkey90

deadmonkey90 Pro Bass Angler

ive mounted heat seeking rockets by my front door to solve thief problems.

5. aimatdeer

aimatdeer Large Member

thanks i hope they catch the bastages but i would like to see the jc higgins and some of the knives that were grampas come back.

6. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

7. LarryD1130

LarryD1130

Somebody broke into my sister's apartment before and stole everything she had. I would pay all the money I have to find out who did it.

8. Max5

Max5

Feels almost as if you have been raped, doesn't it. While your Dad is lucky the loss was only $1000, it doesn't help much with sentimental items. It goes without saying to keep an eye out for the items at local pawn shops.

9. Another Miller

Another Miller prankster

Sounds like someone has been watching the place and knew your dad didnt come round much,maybe saw it in the paper.There are thieves that watch the paper for these things and wait for people to leave.Either that or a nearby neighbor that got word of it.

I got burglarized once at college and the thieves took everthing I owned.Went back from a visit to find a completely bare apt.I had to drop out,they found my stash of money I had saved too,even took my blankets and dishes.

Its an anger I cant describe.The stuff is probably long gone though plus unless your dads name as scribed into it or he has some way to pos id it,theres no way to prove it unless the thieves get caught later and the police find the stuff in their posession.

Sorry to hear it but hope that someday the thieves get caught.

10. vart

vart

This is a good reminder to review your insurance...

I have a Valuable Products Policy through USAA that protects $15k worth of firearms for $12 a month.

I also have 2 large breed dogs at 70lbs and 100lbs that also do not like unwelcome visitors.

11. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

Good info, thanks.

12. aimatdeer

aimatdeer Large Member

i am going to call detectives tomorrow about a couple of places we think might have a fingerprint or two. he does have insurance but the sentimental things are the hard part!

13. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

One of the worst feelings in the world. I was in fourth grade and our house (ok, ok, it was a trailer) got broken into twice in a week. First time they took cash and small stuff. Second time they looted the place. TV's, dishes, clothes, cut up the couches, everything man. We were so scared to stay there after that.

14. aerod1

aerod1 NRA Life Member

That happened to me in Dec. 1999. They got all my tv, computer, stereo, vcr and other equipment but no guns, thanks to my safe. They tried to break in my gun safe but had no luck. I got an alarm system because the police said they will come back in an average of 186 days and get all the new stuff the insurance company bought. Sure enough, in 6 months here they came again but this time the alarm system ran them off.

15. gnvdallas

gnvdallas

Hmmm, what is the policy type? I think I might call USAA to add to mine tomorrow...

Thanks!
    Greg

16. deadmonkey90

deadmonkey90 Pro Bass Angler

I used to have a nice gun locker, no guns in it but the thing still weighed a ton. One day I come home from vacation and its gone, they didnt bother cracking it they just took the whole damn thing and nothing else. had almost $2200 in it

17. vart

vart

VPP... Valuable Personal Products. You can get one for jewelry, or firearms, or cameras, etc. No deductible and pretty cheap. You can go online to the USAA site and add it. It took me about 45 minutes to add mine and record all of the serial numbers of my guns.

18. mailman994

mailman994 NRA Member

Found three teenagers in my backyard today. Think I scared the crap out of them, started to yell at them, don't think they expected anyone to be home. Called the cops told them which way they went and everything. Haven't heard back from them yet.

19. Little Joe

Little Joe

It says you have to have a Renter or Home Owners policy to be able to add it. It can't be purchased as a stand alone product.

LJ

20. pal2511

pal2511

I'm sorry to hear about that sir