My County Sheriff.....took a knee

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Grease Gunner, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

D6EED865-F259-4E50-8B6E-908154BB4491.jpeg A fiend of mine who is an LT for the city FD sent me a screen shot of our County Sheriff takin a knee at an “anti police rally” we had two weeks ago. I’ve been on a slow burn over this and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this from their local LEO’s. Funny he does this while there are signs saying “FU*K THE POLICE” and other lovely messages. Hell even his own deputies were having to provide security for the event and he does this?? He even spoke about police brutality. Yep yep how’s that saying go “no respect-no more”

Oh and he runs on the County Democrat ticket so is it his persona feelings or doing what the local Libs expect of him....?

In the event you ask-I live in Tuscarawas County Ohio....

slamdunc and bigj480 like this.
  2. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Well, he's an elected official so....

'Ol Grandad, bigj480 and treg like this.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Either way, I'd be raising a voice against him, reminding people he is a cowardly POS, next election.

4. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

Well the funny thing is the SO has quals this week at my range that I help run. I’m sure I’ll see him at some point and express my displeasure.

5. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

FWIW, I live just north in Stark and, given our history of left leaning sheriffs, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see ours kneeling right next to him.

Grease Gunner likes this.
  6. Biggy1

Biggy1

Anyone who takes a knee is an idiot, they just don’t know it yet. That is undebatable.

7. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

Funny you mention that....we were discussing the long line of Dem/Left leaning sheriffs of the past between Tusc and Stark yesterday. It’s all a joke anymore.

Quijibo likes this.
  8. as400guy1

as400guy1

We have a democratic sheriff too. He's been taking a knee for years but for different reasons.

bigj480 and Grease Gunner like this.
  9. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

Tell him the entire qual will be from a kneel since that's the position he's most comfortable with.

For tactical safety and all.

BobbyS, larry_minn, -JCN- and 4 others like this.
  10. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

I normally renew my permit in Wayne county because of the antics at the stark office. I renewed the last time in stark because they were ordered to stop the nonsense and they were still a bit surly. Made me feel a bit better knowing that the room full of people getting renewals was pi$$ing them off.

11. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

Our old sheriff used to drag his feet and take the full 45 days for a CCW then he got his pee pee slapped and told knock it off then it was funny....it was taking 5-10 days after that....hmmmm

Quijibo likes this.
  12. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

He’s not a real man, sheriff or American.

pike bishop, PBCounty, HALO51 and 5 others like this.
  13. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

The ones taking a knee do not seem to understand.
    Given a chance, the same mob would beat him to death.
    :)

14. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Pretty much the same at stark.... long waits, BS appointments, etc... Took about 2 hours this time tho. At least the waiting room was filled with good folks to talk to so the time passed pretty quick. Wayne is much faster but the last time I went their computers were down so it was a wasted trip. I came back the next week and was in and out in about 20 min. If I add in my drive time, it's pretty much a wash between Wayne and Stark.

15. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

I’m on a first name basis with many LEO’s in my county and they are all fed up with the current situation going on and many are extremely upset over the Sheriff taking a knee....I can also tell you I was used/abused by our county Sheriff and one of his deputies while working to purchase an item from them a few years ago. Long story short-I got used, tossed aside, and never got a thank you public nor private for all the work I put in.

16. marchboom

marchboom

There should be a personal complaint made against him for conduct unbecoming an officer. Let him cancel it and then publish it in the local paper or on FOX news.

Grease Gunner and Quijibo like this.
  17. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    This.

Also, most sheriffs are on the Presidential election cycle, so he should be up for re-election this year....put him OUT.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    marchboom, HALO51 and Quijibo like this.
  18. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

It's amazing that people are so idiotic. How can someone that has been elected to a position as his, take sides? Any side other than the side of all the people? He is a servant to the people, not certain people. What a shame! I hope his constituents remember this come election time. If our Sheriff did this, I'd disown him immediately and bombard his office with calls, letters, posts on their FB page etc. until he was out off office. Nothing says "I'm an emasculated LEO" like taking a knee in support of thugs!

19. HALO51

HALO51

I’ve been in Law Enforcement a long time. I’ve seen many changes in policing throughout the years. But I never dreamed I’d see this complete BS!!! absolutely no way should any law enforcement agency/ officer should condone this thug behavior!!! Lawlessness should never prevail over law abiding citizens/communities. This type of behavior by LEO/Agencies only emboldens lawlessness/individuals

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    marchboom and Grease Gunner like this.
  20. Grease Gunner

Grease Gunner

Problem here is there isn’t anyone to run against him.