close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my cat went to the vet and now he's throwing up

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by noway, Oct 9, 2006.

1. noway

noway

Yuck!

My cat had an URI that seems to be about cured after 89 dollars plus another 25 dollars of treatment and antibodies and the final vaccine was done today. All of this was done on a cat that I now have had home for 30days to the dot from the humane society that was supposely healthy from the day one of the adoption.

Will today was the big day. My cat goes in for the last booster shots and he take it like a champ. Comes home and seems to be okay. 1hr after being home he starts to look distress, heavy panting, and then he starts making this loud meow that I never heard before. Kinda like in car to human translation "I'm sick and don't feel good ".

I talk to him, check his nose, pick him and bring him back to his water bowl. And he continues to make this strange meow and such and then he get's up and I knew what was about to happen. Heaving(sp?)/spasam of the body opening of the mouth and alittle green stomach contents.

Okay not bad I said and it wasn't hard to clean up nor smelled bad. As I was wiping the area he started walking away and in about 3 mins later I go check on where he at and it was follow the throwup. I couldn't believe a cat could do that much stuff. Now I have 3 bigger piece or liquid and solid contents on my carpet :frown:

I hope he is done he had one more smaller heave and now is laying down like all is fine and dandy and resting I hope. Fingers are cross and nope I'm not taking him back to vet. And today was his third trips and under than the sneezing and bad breath he was just doing fine. Now I feel guilty, sadden and upset that he is going thru whatever he is going thru and he can't communicate.

Oh well we both will have to figure this out.'

btw: His new subscription is for his gingivitis and it's called "Clindrops" Clindamycin Hydrochloride. Very nervous on this one since it requires abigger dose than the 1st series of stuff I gave him.

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Cats will puke a lot of times before they get a hairball up.

Fred puked his first one up the same day he had been to the vet for something else. Bless his heart, he was sound asleep when he started puking and almost choked before he got it out. In a few minutes, he was back to sleep and just fine.

Cats also tend to be nervous and that can lead to puking. If kitty seems otherwise ok, I would just watch kitty tonight and see how kitty is in the morning. It may just be nerves.

3. noway

noway

I don't think this was hair ball related and no hair was in his mess. When he 1st started the strange meow i knew something wasn't right. I've seen cats cough up hairballs and never once did the give an awfull warning meow.

Right now he's back in his normal routing and I'm going to top off his bowl and sleep out in open with him. But no more throwup ( trust me I've looked ) and he seems sleepy but than again this is a cat.

vet also says he gain a whole 4/10 of a lb since his last visit a week ago :shocked: