My Buddy part 2

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by blkholer, Apr 24, 2007.

1. blkholer

blkholer

If anyone can help me. My Yellow Lab "Buddy" has an appointment next Mon. 10:30 A.M.to be put down. He has been living with my girlfriend for the last three months because i could't move him to my new home. We broke up(girlfriend) after 8 yrs. and Bud is to old to seperate from her dog and move into a strange place with me. He's mentally there, but is suffering from a ligament injury 6 yrs. ago. He's 13 yrs. old and tired of fighting and misses me. Should i take him to the farm, or let a vet do the dirty-work. I love him like a son even though i don't have one. Anyone, please help.

2. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. Please think about getting another dog, not to replace, but to compliment your old buddy. :sad:

:angel:

3. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

It is very hard to access the mental condition of a dog. Your dog may miss you, but dogs can adapt. It doesn't sound as if his injury is enough to end the animals life. Reconsider. Let the dog rehabilitate. It may never be 100%, but he can learn to have a decent life even with his injury.

I'm sorry about your break-up, but please give this dog every opportunity to live.

4. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

I agree with Tilley. Animals can adapt more than we can. My friend had a great dog that lost a leg in an accident and he adapted and lived a full life. Never give up on options until there is absolutley none left.

5. blkholer

blkholer

Thanks everyone. Buddy has a very difficult time getting up and even walking. He has a large softball size tumor in his abdoman which evan makes it harder. I've worked with him to try to rehabilitate him but the progress was going nowhere. He can't even walk on wood or tile floors without falling helplessly. Worst of all, he's kept at my ex's house where i'm allowed only STRICT visitation. Thirteen years he's given me unconditional love, and i can't be with him through his last days. I hope he still loves me on the final day.

6. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

Dogs are blessings from God. Pray that God will reveal to you what should be done. I know vets are expensive, but have your vet play an important role in your next action. The vet should be able to tell you what your dog's prognosis is, and what you should do next.

If euthenasia is what should be done, please let the vet handle this. A shot is much more humane and dignified than a bullet.