close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My boy made the JV baseball team

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by rilkil23, May 30, 2012.

1. rilkil23

rilkil23

My oldest son has been placed on the JV baseball team as an incoming 9th grader. He is one of only two kids that were invited to "play up" for the summer league. My son has been working hard and really has a passion for the game. He was really nervous about try outs and in the end he proved to himself that he is a player. I was able to attend one of his two a day practices and really got a kick out of the amount of running the coach has them doing. Everytime the kids would report to their postions in the field the coach would act like he was going to put some balls in play but instead have the kids drop their gloves and go touch the 380 sign in center field. My son has been lifting weights, running, and working on the heavy bag but the amount of running at practice shocked him. He had plans to stay the night with a friend but decided it was a better move to get some rest in preperation for todays two practices. Proud of my little man as he is entering a new world and his dedication to sports has given him a taste of what it is going to take to be successful in everyday life. Looking forward to the season and watching him grow as a player but more importantly as a man. Good times for sure.

2. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

3. bocaboca

bocaboca

i've been coaching high school ball in Florida for 15 years. Travel or American Legion during the summers. good luck to your boy. its a great sport at the high school and college level.
    if you have any questions just ask

4. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Congrats, proud Papa!

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Congrats, the proud papa feeling is a good one.

:50cal:

6. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Congrats to both of you and I hope he does well.

7. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

8. JBG30

JBG30

I played varsity football as a freshman. Worst thing I ever did, a kid getting beat up by men. I suppose baseball isn't anywhere near as bad. Congrats to your son.

9. rilkil23

rilkil23

My friend in high school fell for the same trick. Coach had him running back punts and he lasted all of two attempts. He never suited up again and had nothing but bad things to say about the coaching staff. Riley will learn very quickly why I taught him to keep his left arm tucked in tight when he pitches, so he can use his glove when the batter rocks a shot right back to him. He is a little overwhelmed but he is big enough to compete.