close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My big boy Max is on guard against VICIOUS killer squirrels.........

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by ATL Peach Girl, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I put sunflower seed on my deck for the squirrels in the winter and of course to keep the cats occupied.....

Enjoy!!! (the tail was going 1,000 mph!!)

2. Slobberchops

Slobberchops WTF?!?!?

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Peach, get those guys "Video Catnip." My furbabies love it :) Of course, they love Finding Nemo and The Lion King too ;f

4. S2nd

S2nd One happy cat

;i ;i ;i Oh Max...

Hey Peach, I'm curious, do the squirrels destroy your property? There's a few that come into my yard, and they dig up the lawn and landscaping pretty bad :(. Patches goes after them, but he's getting on in age (17 years old).

It's fun watching cats revert to their killer instinct ;f

5. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

they actually just make a HUGE mess......sunflower shells all over.....and then they crap and pee all over my deck too.....they are nasty, but I like to keep them coming for the cats.....(I am in an apt)

6. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

peachie, not all skwirls are vicious ,;)

pic of my friend my partner secret the skwirl . hes 2 years old. get this he is best friends with my cat .lol

heres a pic of secret at christmas, he had a better time opening things then the family,lol .

not all skwirls are nasty, they wont pee or poop in their nestbeds, and they clean themselves regular. now as far as eating ,they make a mess. secret is actually litter box trained. \

7. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

DEATH TO SQUIRRELS!!!

8. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

hmm ,death to skwirls , but you like ninjas ?/ roflmfao .

SQUIRRELS RULE. I AM NOW SUMMONING MY MINIONS UPON YOUR HOUSE, WATCH YOUR ATTIC . ;f ;f

9. Mosi

Mosi mo-zee

So does the lil guy get to run around the house? Does he let you hold him? I have wondered how they do in a domestic environment.

10. RMTactical

That is ok, my dog loves killer Squirrels! FOR DINNER! ;f

11. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

but my skwirl army has a secret weapon , ;)

gulp!!! doggy mmm mmmm good .

12. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

hi mosi , i am a licensed rehabber in nc for wildlife , secret was found as a early baby . he almost died many many times. he never ever wanted to go outside , and not all squirrels turn out friendly ,let me say that. but i have raised and seen alot that were and still comes to my house to visit, secret just loves being here. the older they get i would not let him out to strangers, since im mommy and daddy, hes fine with me , he does have structure, he grew up with my kitten and to this day they are still friends , since he is a domestic , i have to fix special nut balls for him ,because he needs the vitamins and only gets them in the wild, unfortunately and fortunately for my family , hes a part of the family and couldnt be released ,hes doesnt fear people, cats or dogs so he would fall prey and be killed in the wild. the life span of a wild squirrel is basically 5 years , and only over a half live to be over age of 2 . in a home enviroment they can live up to 20 years, so its a lifetime commitment .one day he could become bitey and mean ,but i would still take care of him becasue he is family. if you wanted a pet squirrel ,the southern flying squirrels make a better so called pet. and never remove one from the wild for purposes of keeping. ive been rehabbign for a logn time ,and secret is one of those rare cases of which he is just family. i used to take him everywhere when he was little ,hes now way to big ,but he does go for rides in the jeep ,truck , car. but like i siad hes really protective of me and doesnt like to many folks.

also i forgot to answer your q ,lol .yes he does run around the house,and yes i hold hi malot and actually rub him to sleep in a ball sometimes ,but also you have to respect who and what they are,i play ball with him ,and play with him as if he was like a ferret, but never without being watched, because he likes wires and dark spaces.lol . and he gets under the blanket on the couch alot and sleeps .but its like having a small child because he gets into everything , and lord forbid you have a open bag of potato chips on the table, you will not get him out of bag!!!

13. RMTactical

Hmmm... ^8

14. Hay Moe

Hay Moe

Cool cat.

Here's one of my little setter practicing her (stylish) point on the local squirrels, as they raid the bird feeder. Unfortunately, I lost her to cancer several years ago.

15. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

what a wonderful pic Hay Moe!! Thanks for sharing!! She looks so gentle, and the squirrel looks at ease!!

16. Hay Moe

Hay Moe

Yeah, she was a sweetheart. I miss her a lot. My job doesn't really allow me to have pets, as I travel for a living (pilot). But perhaps some day I will be able to get another dog. I had a cat when I was in college (BTW, I went to West Georgia..I grew up in Atlanta) and would like to have another one of those also. I just enjoy having animals around.

How many cats do you have?

Here is her "puppy" picture. How could anyone resist bringing her home?

17. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I would have brought her home :)