My baby, my little boy, my sweet little man...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Lady Glock, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

My little man isn't a baby anymore...today is his birthday, he is 13. They grow too fast!

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

my nephew turns 14 next month. my babies are 8 & 10. I get where you're coming from.

3. janice6

janice6

I know what you mean. Time will just fly by now.

I remember when my son started growing up into a self sufficient, confident man. I realized that I would have less and less time with him as he made his own way in the world.

I saw his future opening up to him, and began missing him before he was really gone. It's tough when you kids turn out the way you want them to, and right away you have to let them go.

He turned into the best friend I could ever hope for, but I miss him being around 24/7.

4. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Mine's turning two in two days... I remember when I could hold him with one hand. Now I need duct tape just to get a kiss.

5. Detectorist

Detectorist

He's not a *little* man. He's a young man. A teenager now.

Happy BDay!

6. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes for my boy. He sure loves to see how many of my online friends care enough to say something nice like this.

Happy birthday to all those who have birthdays coming up...LSUADMAN, I would love to be back in the day when he was 2...time flies too fast, and the kiddos grow up to quick.

I'm pleased that he has respect and doesn't have the attitude most kids his age have. I am convinced I have raised a boy who will be an asset to humanity.

7. taffbanjo

taffbanjo The Limey

You're very lucky - in April I will become the father of a 40 year old daughter. It seems no time at all since I was buying her Teddy bears......

8. glock_collector

glock_collector

Ya blink and they grow up. I have been lucky to be self-employed for all my sons years, I play " take a kid to work" everyday and love it.

9. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

My daughter just turned 18 last month...she's going to be moving out soon. Now my son reaching his teens...it's just too much to deal with in such a short period of time.

I know I've done good with them both, I just am not secure knowing that Ranger is going to be out on her own and I won't be there to protect her anymore...and Blaster is a teenager. He'll be 18 in a few years and then I won't have either one of them at home where I feel like I'm doing something worthy. I know, I know...QUIT YOUR DANG WHINING...and yes, I would like some cheese...thank you very much.

Hugs and happy wishes to all my GT friends.

10. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

My oldest turned 13 a little over a month ago. Like someone else said, he's now a young man. Which means he requires a lock on his bedroom door, at least if you want to avoid some embarassing situations over the next 5 years!

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

My daughter turns 23 next week,..........