close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

my baby is home

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mj9mm, Jun 15, 2012.

1. mj9mm

mj9mm

48 hours goes slow when you are waiting to bring your new baby home. but friday afternoon finally arrived and i came home with my new Glock 36, she is so sweet. i got her all cleaned and oiled, and tomorrow afternoon we go off to the range with a bag full of ammo, a good variety. looking forward to a good time:wavey:

2. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

why did you wait 48 hrs ??? here at least you see what you want, pay the man leave w/said weapon.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Congrats on the new 36. Hope it's all you want it to be.

4. mj9mm

mj9mm

because i exist in the Progressive state of Wisconsin. they trust me with a carry liscense, but not enough to let me bring home a handgun when i purchase it, shotgun is ok though.. did i say we're PROGRESSIVE up here?:upeyes:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  5. bac1023

bac1023

6. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I hear ya brother, I bought a G-30SF the day before I had to go on a business trip to Wyoming for two long weeks, flying back to Indiana today, get to hold it again but my work schedule may keep me from firing it for another two weeks.

7. 10-32

10-32 Here, hold this

Part of the reason I didn't move back to my home state of WI when I got out of the service - they didn't have CHL yet, and that stupid waiting period. I have 30 guns at home in my safe, but I need to "cool down" before I can get a 31st? I'll pass.

My drawn out gun buying experience from WI:
    I drove about ~30 minutes one way to order a Kimber from a hardware store in Oostburg. When I went back to do the paperwork on it after it showed up, I realized they ordered the wrong gun. They ordered again, and I came back again later to do the paperwork ... wrong gun AGAIN. Third time was a charm, so I did the paperwork (I actually decided to buy two, since they were now in stock haha) and went back home to "cool down"
    All told, 5 trips to and from the store before I had my gun.

Anyway, congrats on the 36. I know I love my 30, but I really think Glock got it right for CCW with the 36

8. larson1122

larson1122

9. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congrats on your G36!:cool:

10. LiebeGlock

LiebeGlock

Wow... People who run the gov't and the states sure are REALLY smart!! :supergrin:

11. Ranger45

Ranger45

Congrats on your new G36!

12. mj9mm

mj9mm

200 + rounds through it today, it's the real thing. shoots like a dream. had a good time with the boys, everyone went away happy. the 36 performed great, i really like the basic glock sights, i had installed trijicon 3 dot night sights on my 30 and other than the fact that they looked cool in the dark, i didn't like the sight picture, i shoot better with the glock box. maybe i will look into just installing a tritium front sight and leaving the rear sight alone. does anybody know of a tritium front post that is the same height as the original?

13. MikeG36

MikeG36

Congrats on the 36!!

Fixed rear sights in several heights are available for your pistol. (6.1mm 6.5mm 6.9mm and 7.3mm heights.) Each increment changes bullet impact by ~2.4" @ 27 yards.

My 36 came with adjustable rear sights but I've never had to mess with them so I'm not sure if there would be enough play to do what you're looking for here.

14. Danl Boone

Danl Boone

Yeah, congrats! I used to have a Glock 36, when my daughter left home she took it with her! Aww, she shot it better than I did anyway!:supergrin: