Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this weapon in a trade a few years ago. I have shot it a few times but never warmed up to it. Mostly because of the way it dents my brass (I reload).

I am very curious what it might be worth. I am not soliciting offers at this time. I am just trying to decide if it is worth hanging on to. I guess i am trying to figure out the opportunity cost of keeping this rifle in my safe.

I have a milled receiver Arsenal AK chambered in .223.

It has a russian red dot mounted to the side. I have a dozen or so 30 round magazines.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
The milled 7.62x39 Arsenals (like my SA-M7a1) tend to sell for quite a bit more than the 5.45 and 5.56 variants. Still, I would expect your rifle to sell for around $850 in this area. The optic and extra mags probably make it about $1000 package. Again, that's this market.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's a sweet setup! I just ordered a red dot like that, how do you like it?
The red dot is very cool for a couple of reason.

-It holds it zero when it goes on and off. (At least for the 100 yard max that I shoot at)

-It uses standard batteries

-There is a perment black dot "reticle" you can see it whether the it is illuminated or not

-There is a big circle and then the small dot in the middle. this makes it pretty fast to acquire the target

-The Dot is fairly small so you can be pretty precise with it.

-It is mounted to the left so you can still use the iron sights.

Now the bad news
-The elevation is a little hard to zero. It requires the dust cover to be removed so that you can reach the wrench in there.

-The dot is very small which makes CQB target acquisition a little harder

-The instructions are in russian so when you try to zero it is hard to know if turning left is up or down.

-Because the scope is on the left you use your left eye to see through the sight. If you shoulder the stock on the left shoulder you are SOL.

-The adjustment tool is an off size allen wrench. You lose it and you are going to be very sad.

I like the scope. I like my trijicon on my other rifles better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got this weapon in a trade a few years ago. I have shot it a few times but never warmed up to it. Mostly because of the way it dents my brass (I reload).
I am very curious what it might be worth. I am not soliciting offers at this time. I am just trying to decide if it is worth hanging on to. I guess i am trying to figure out the opportunity cost of keeping this rifle in my safe.
With the reddot and the mags it's obviously worth over $1K .

Unless you are short of funds , or have another rifle which
fulfills the same purpose - I can think of NO good reason
to sell it. :sad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts