Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what to do, and I'm about ready to panic. I bought a new safe, and didn't realize til I got home that there's a scratch on it. What do I do? Are y'all's safes like this too? Is it normal? Should I mail it back to the manufacturer? Will it jam up when I need in there in an emergency? Should I stash some guns in another area of my apartment? Here's a couple pics.
Computer hardware Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Machine
Handle Fixture Vehicle door Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

·
Native Mainiac
32,021 Posts
Well, if you send it back are you gonna take the hooker out of it first???

I suspect that’s where the scratch came from
On mine her scratches were only on the inside. I didn't open it until the warranty had expired and the safe company screwed me.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
I leave it unlocked. I live in the good part of the bad part of town.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Do you keep your AK in the safe or in the car? And if it’s in the car, do you keep the car in the safe? And do your car keys open the safe? In case you forget the combination or the door gets jammed shut.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you keep your AK in the safe or in the car? And if it’s in the car, do you keep the car in the safe? And do your car keys open the safe? In case you forget the combination or the door gets jammed shut.
I keep the keys in the safe, and the safe is in the car. And the car is in the keys. Physics be damned! The ak is moving around all the time, since it's attached to my keychain. Sometimes it's even in the furnace closet. It can get confusing, but it's taco night and things are great!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Native Mainiac
32,021 Posts
I keep the keys in the safe, and the safe is in the car. And the car is in the keys. Physics be damned! The ak is moving around all the time, since it's attached to my keychain. Sometimes it's even in the furnace closet. It can get confusing, but it's taco night and things are great!
Hope you got a really big desiccant bag in the safe to make sure the keys don't rust.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm not sure what to do, and I'm about ready to panic. I bought a new safe, and didn't realize til I got home that there's a scratch on it. What do I do? Are y'all's safes like this too? Is it normal? Should I mail it back to the manufacturer? Will it jam up when I need in there in an emergency? Should I stash some guns in another area of my apartment? Here's a couple pics.
View attachment 1065836 View attachment 1065837
It looks like a good scuff… I would be too worried. No it shouldn’t be like that but usually the deliveries are set up so that upon delivery, you can annotate anything like this. It probably rubbed up on a piece of wood or something in the delivery process. I wouldn’t be concerned with a scuff mark causing a defective safe. Yes it’s possible there could be inner damage if it’s a cheaper safe, but just run it through a few times and see how it works. You could contact the manufacturer and maybe they’ll send you out a paint sample, or try to match a paint marker or something. It should honestly be fine.

·
Registered
20,843 Posts
Thankfully my keys, and my ak aren't scratched. I got the third gen ak, and fourth gen keys exactly for this reason. I think the safe is a fifth gen.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hope you got a really big desiccant bag in the safe to make sure the keys don't rust.
WAIT! Hold the **** up!

do you have a humidifier or dehumidifier in your car to keep the AK and the safe from rusting and turning to dust??? I mean, if you need that AK next week and it’s a pile of oxidized dust then you’re stuck with the 5 shot revolver but only loaded with 4 cuz it’s all about placement…

so, how do you do humidity control??? Or did you just coat it all with liquid latex when you were applying it to the hooker?

things we really need to know!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts