My 19 year old pickup keeps getting notes put on it!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mixflip, Jan 4, 2010.

1. mixflip

mixflip

Anyone experience this as much as me?

I have a 1991 Toyota pickup. Extended cab. V6 automatic. Tonight I came home to another note on the widshield. I keep getting notes on my truck asking me if I want to sell it? I dont get it??? Its a 20 year old little pickup...and this is the 3rd time in 6 months that I got these notes.

I have owned Japanese sports cars with American V8's swapped in them, big 9" lifted SUVs with 20" rims with 35" Toyos but non of them got notes on them asking me to sell them?

Here is the little old 2wd truck. Nothing special. It is in really good "Grandpa truck" condition I have to admit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. stengun

stengun

Howdy maxflip,

I have a buddy that has a 93 Toyota and he gets them about once a month too.

Go figure. SSSome offer have been for almost as much as he paid for the truck when it was new.

Paul

3. hambone33

hambone33

If it was a pre 86 straight axel 4x4 one of those note might have had my number on it . However this time I'm not the guilty party . :wavey:

4. turbobrick

turbobrick

There are guys who buy the Hilux Toyotas, then ship them overseas where the trucks are worth big money.

5. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

How much are you selling it for?

:rofl::rofl:

6. aspartz

aspartz

Perhaps some network is remaking the Dukes of Hazzard, but with this truck. They'll need lots to jump and wreck...

ARS

7. Kozel

Kozel

Why would anybody in the right mind put notes on old Toyota pickup? I had two of them and had to fix them almost constantly. Major repairs too!
    Maybe it is just my “luck” but the only way I will buy another Toyota PU is if it is THE VERY LAST vehicle available in the world.

My coworker bough brand new Toyota p/u. Almost immediately he started having problems with it. Went back to dealership several times. After a while he was able to give it back to Toyota under the "lemon" law.

8. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

It has to be the stylin' graphics

:supergrin:

You Keep her in good shape! Proly not young kids, my niece and nephew laugh at my 1989 Pathfinder.

9. skyugo

skyugo

i'm gonna be looking for a toyota truck soon..

good condition toyota pickups are a fine thing to own. :cool:

10. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Its a NICE truck!!!

11. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Couldn't tell you. I have a 99 Ford Ranger that gets offers from time to time. Great condition minus a few scratches that are expected over the years. Don't even have 70,000 miles on it yet. heh

One of the last ones was at a Post Office and he said he wants to buy it and take it to Mexico. So maybe the older trucks are popular down there? :dunno:

12. oceanwarrior

oceanwarrior

My 1989 W250 Dodge turbo-diesel gets them all the time too!
    One old coot was pretty persistent about it,got a note every 3 days asking me to sell him the truck.
    He wants the truck as it is a fully mechanical diesel and as he put it "Your truck is EMP-proof!"
    Never thought about my truck as the ideal TEOTWAWKI vehicle.

oceanwarrior

13. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

For some reason, Toyota trucks seem to get that a lot. I used to get notes like that all the time on my old Tacoma.

14. mixflip

mixflip

I think your case may be one of the more rare ones because my Toyota PU has run like a top, made several Sacramento to Vegas drives with only one issue since Ive owned it. The speedometer broke, but its never left me stranded on those desert highways!

Then again I may be just one of the lucky ones that got a reliable Toyota out of a sea of junk products that they are known for... lol?

15. mixflip

mixflip

Hey those graphics are specifically targeted at the "grandpa" demographic! I thought of scraping them off but it is a reminder of how goofy stuff was in 1991.

16. double07gt

double07gt

Hey I didn't know that was your truck I was putting notes on! How much?

17. Kahrguy330

Kahrguy330 I don't believe

My guess is its a "mini trucker". I knew a guy that would buy up any truck that looked like yours. He went through quite a few because he would hop them. And it just destroyed them, no matter how much reinforcement was added. He also had one that sat so low he couldnt use a hood as the body was dropped so much that the engine didn't allow for any hood.

18. mixflip

mixflip

Uggh I hate lowered trucks...but everyone's got to have a passion for something and I can respect that.

19. Aurora

Aurora

I've been told by people who "prowl" for collectible cars that a vehicle that's on the cusp of 20 years of age is a prime candidate for purchase and restoration. 20 years is also the point where the car returns to it's original, purchase price (recouped depreciation) and starts to climb in value. I don't know if any of this is true but it does seem there are people working off these ideas.

The POS VW I used to drive is actually becoming collectible these days. It amazes me.

V.

20. djpuffnstuff

djpuffnstuff

Must have..... How much you want?