MV Agusta in AMA Superbike at California Speedway

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Apr 28, 2007.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Ducati dropped out so MV Agusta took up the Italian flag. Saturday race had one MV took a crap and the other finished around middle somewhere.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

I was watching the race on Speed channel when they mentioned the MV coasting to a stop. Surprised me to see a couple of MV's out there.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I didn't bother to go for today's race (Sunday) because the setup was pretty boring, so I hope that MV does well today. They do have four bikes at the dock, so they shouldn't be short just because one of them took a crap.

4. norton

norton

What kind of fan turnout do they get for m/c races at that track?
    here in the midwest, mid ohio, and elkhart Lake have decent turnout of spectators.
    I got a chance to say hello to Freddie Spencer at mid ohio when he was racing ducati suprebikes near the end of his career.
    i have not been to mid ohio for the superbike race in several years. maybe i will get back there for this summers race.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

With the loss of professional Supermoto racing (the AMA scheduled the races in other states), the turnout was significantly less than last year. I'd guess not much over a couple thousand people. There weren't as many vendors as last year and no test rides either.

One of the reasons why I didn't bother coming back on Sunday because of the loss of supermoto racing. That's a hoot to watch.

6. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

The MV has been in it since the beginning of the season at Daytona. They're having a problem finishing the races though.