Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, does anyone have a muzzle brake, compensator, or flash hider attached there specific carry firearm?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
One of my G45's has an OEM threaded bbl.w/Griffin Micro Comp.and a TLR-1 HL.I have two Bravo Concealment holsters(IWB & OWB) for this set up.I like the way it looks and have carried it this way using both holsters.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I
One of my G45's has an OEM threaded bbl.w/Griffin Micro Comp.and a TLR-1 HL.I have two Bravo Concealment holsters(IWB & OWB) for this set up.I like the way it looks and have carried it this way using both holsters.
I always carry owb for comfort reasons. I've tried iwb carrying but it's just comfortable for me. But I just ordered a threaded barrel for my Beretta APX which is my carry gun and was deciding if I wanted a muzzle brake on it.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I

I always carry owb for comfort reasons. I've tried iwb carrying but it's just comfortable for me. But I just ordered a threaded barrel for my Beretta APX which is my carry gun and was deciding if I wanted a muzzle brake on it.
Some IWB rigs are more comfortable than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
M62/76
12,564 Posts
Definitely not on a carry gun. I have a compensator on a custom 1911, but outside of that I don’t have anything like that on a handgun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some IWB rigs are more comfortable than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've tried numerous iwb holsters from the cheapest to the most expensive, it's just not for me. Besides I live in Georgia so owb carrying is normal here.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Nope. Thought about it, but never really went forward. There are liabilities like muzzle blast direction which could be trained around, but the types that are barrel attached can sometimes cause malfunctions if you run soft ammo.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
I have a CGS Qube comp for goofing around at matches, but don't have any interest in carrying with one. The tiny reduction in muzzle flip isn't worth the noise and blast being directed back at me.
I carry small guns and don't add anything to make them bigger. Most of the guys I know who "carry" with brakes, mag extensions, and big weapon lights rarely have the gun on.

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
Nope, not on a single one. Well, maybe two of my carry guns have ported barrels, if that counts.

Then again, the highest caliber I use for a carry gun is 9mm, and find it very controllable regardless of barrel length or size. I shot my wife's XPM just fine while she owned it, and if left up to me we would've bought a Shield.

Reactions: slamdunc and -JCN-

·
aka dingle
1,338 Posts
i have a stealth comped commander. it’s the same length as stock. only three quarters of the slide reciprocates. it works very well. i carried it a couple times. too heavy.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I don't know if anyone even makes a flash hider for pistol barrels.

Porting of various types, both factory and aftermarket, was popular about twenty years ago but it seems to have fallen from favor.

One disadvantage of any sort of muzzle attachment on most semiautomatic pistols is that it makes disassembly more difficult. You can't pull the barrel out of the slide without removing the compensator (or whatever) and then you need to re-do whatever sort of thread locking arrangement you had when the pistol goes back together.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope, not on a single one. Well, maybe two of my carry guns have ported barrels, if that counts.

Then again, the highest caliber I use for a carry gun is 9mm, and find it very controllable regardless of barrel length or size. I shot my wife's XPM just fine while she owned it, and if left up to me we would've bought a Shield.
All but one of my firearms 9mm, less recoil more capacity.

·
I feel pretty.
3,954 Posts
Go do some USPSA and keep an eye on everything the open division guys do to keep their pistols running.

Nope, they just aren't reliable for defensive use.

·
I feel pretty.
3,954 Posts
I don't know if anyone even makes a flash hider for pistol barrels.

Porting of various types, both factory and aftermarket, was popular about twenty years ago but it seems to have fallen from favor.

One disadvantage of any sort of muzzle attachment on most semiautomatic pistols is that it makes disassembly more difficult. You can't pull the barrel out of the slide without removing the compensator (or whatever) and then you need to re-do whatever sort of thread locking arrangement you had when the pistol goes back together.
I think on some of the sight block 2011's, the barrel comes out the nose of the side, just like a 1911.

I think some of the CZ Czeckmates, you have to unscrew that block every time, and thats crappy. I'd boresnake as often as possible, if I was stuck with that.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If you already have a threaded bbl.and buy a comp.,if you do not like it,put it in a drawer or sell it. I like mine on one of my pistols,if I change my mind it comes right off.Why make a big deal about it? This is starting to read like a caliber war thread.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Threaded barrel on my pistol. It obviously increases the measurable length of the firearm by 1/2 inch, but practically speaking it does not interfere or print because it is so thin. It gives me another 30 to 50 fps without the problems that might be associated with a traditional longer barrel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts