close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Must sell: 1978 GMC Jimmy 4x4 [DFW]

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by 4StringSlinger, Apr 16, 2004.

1. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

Up for sale is my 1978 GMC K5 4x4:

$2750 OBO
    Black ext/tan int
    700r4 auto [I think, big square pan]
    NP203 Transfer case
    Headers
    PS,PB,tach,oil pres,temp, volt guages
    Frame mounted reciever hitch, has wiring, don't know if the wire harness works. Has factory tow package.
    Has swing-out spare tire rack. No spare.

Owned about 2 years, I REALLY hate to part with it, but Uncle Sam is kicking my butt this year,so...got three trucks, one has to go.

The good:

Previous owner said the motor had been rebuilt a few years before I bought it...no way to verify, but it does runs great. Does not smoke. It uses very little oil, seems to be seeping from somewhere, but I haven't taken the time to find out where, as it was not severe. This truck has been driven daily, very dependable, I have driven it from Dallas to Austin and back twice loaded down with gear, no problems at all.

This is the work I had done when I bought it:

New heater core/cooling sustem flush
    4 new Monroe Gas Magnum shocks
    New dual exhaust/high flow cats/turbo mufflers
    Trans serviced
    Front and rear diffs serviced
    transfer case serviced
    Front drive-shaft re-straighten and balanced
    Installed new Interstate battery
    New master cylinder
    Installed 4 new 32x11.50 AT tires, about 97-99% tread remaining.
    Had the windows tinted.

Currently, the truck is tagged and inspected. Passed Inspection with flying colors.

The bad:
    Speedo does not work. This is due to an aftermarket cruise control system, installed a long time ago. From what my mech has said, there is a small gearbox that needs to be replaced...So I don't know what the actual mileage is. I do know that I have put under 2k on it since I bought it, as I just use it to run errands here at the office, and commute in my wifes' truck. Odometer reads 133,460.

Body is so-so, about what you would expect in original condition. Has various dings, scratches, shows some rust thru in the fender wells and a little on the front quartes near the bottom. Removable top has chipped paint, etc. Roof is oxidized some, some rust on roof of cab.

Interior about the same...cracked dash, carpet worn etc...seats are actually in decent shape, rear folding seat is great, fronts worn a little, small tear at the outer seam on driver side.

Has a sunroof, previous owner tried to seal with silicon as it was leaking...still leaks a little in heavy rain. Headliner in cab is sagging, although it's not noticeable unless you look up, as the sunroof takes up alot of space.

Rear power window does work, but only from the inside switch-the key will not lower it from the outside for some reason. has not been a problem for me, YMMV.

Right side of tailgate won't latch...left catches fine, and with the spare tire carrier anchoring it, it hasn't been a problem, although it makes a little noise when driving.

AC works, although it's not as cold as usual, may need recharging. Fan switch is finicky sometimes. Heat works great.

I've tried to point out everything I know of, although I'm no mechanic...please ask if you have any other questions, and I'll do my best to answer them. The vehicle is available to see and drive near downtown Dallas, TX. Overall,it looks good and runs great.

I have lots of pics available for anyone interested. Please email me at zack@bishopmanor.com for pics and info.

Buyer responsible for shipping/transport.

Thanks!

Zack

2. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

3. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

4. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

5. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

6. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

7. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

Make me an offer. Might consider some partial trades for gun stuff...

Ar stuff
    FAL stuff
    Ammo or mags for either of the above
    G17 or G19
    1911's
    Tactical shotguns

Or anything interesting.Lemme know what you've got.

Thanks,

Zack

8. 4StringSlinger

4StringSlinger

Really need to move this thing. Partial trades still considered...really looking for a 3rd gen G17, or a quality 1911, but I'll listen to anything.

Somebody make me an offer!