Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a bit of looking around and hope this hasn't been done to death, but I'm looking for the best, must-have mods for the Glock 20.

I got mine about a year ago for hunting as well as self defense. I LOVE it and want to do as much as I can with it. I am primarily a pistol shooter and this one is my favorite.

So what should I look into getting to improve my awesome G20?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
There is a lot of guys on here that will answer this question that know a lot about the G20. What ammo are you planning on using in it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Currently using DT 180gr XTPs, but I'm not dead set on anything in particular, as long as it will do the job. (good for anything from human to black bear)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
How do you like the 20, I just got the 20SF and wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, Ammo is pricey. But so far I like it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
FOR ME: For hunting I want a smooth trigger so I have a 3.5 connector polished. I also got a KKM 6" barrel. A standard quality aftermarket barrel, even if stock length, is more accurate FOR ME. For me that makes for better accuracy and a slight increase in velicity. I put a reflex red dot on as well because my eyes aren't what they used to be.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I paid attention to all the "you need this" for my G20SF. After trying all the recoil springs, guide rod, connector BS, it's back to stock configuration and shoots exactly the same as with all the add ons. Did the same with my G29SF. Factory parts works just fine.

My .02

·
Talk is cheap!
733 Posts
A suggestion from experience? Keep the internals stock - that is where the reliability comes from ;-) A $0.25 trigger job can smooth out things if you need it but shooting the gun yields the same result.

As for the rest, just go with whatever improves your interaction with the gun. For me that means a Vickers extended slide stop, Grip Force adapter and Warren Tactical sights on my Gen4 G20. My Gen4 G29 is set up the same with the addition of Pearce grip extensions on the mags.

·
Talk is cheap!
733 Posts
One more point: if you intend to shoot cast lead bullets (Underwood's 220gr HCFNs are pretty wicked, for example) you will need an aftermarket barrel. My preference there is KKM.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the tips :)

Like I said, I'm quite happy with the gun, I am very good with the stock Glock trigger (I shoot my stock G19 with Tactical Solutions .22 conversion every week) and was mainly curious if there were any obvious mods.

I'm definitely thinking about an aftermarket extended barrel. I know Glock offers one, but being able to shoot lead would be nice (reloading gear will be set up this weekend), also more velocity is always good. I do want to get a barrel that is at least as good if not better than the factory barrel.

Keep the info coming, you guys rock :)

·
F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
you need a reloading setup. the rest is just extra.
YES, although if you MUST tinker with mods, an EXCELLENT way to go is a Ghost Rocket trigger kit and Heinie Straight Eight night sights.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I went with an extended slide release, and mag release. That's just what I wanted though. I installed a glockworx trigger, and I love the new trigger pull. significantly reduced the size of my groups at 25 and 50 yards. Next is getting milled for a trijicon rm08g.

Then some Underwood 220gr Hardcast, then a big Mule Deer.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts