GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by 50% in Houston and substantially for the year in LA, CA.
The Houston Chief specifically mentioned the no bail release of repeat offenders as a major contributing cause. The county is headed by a leftist and elected a very liberal District Attorney.
I'm sure there are other cities facing this right now, the "no bail" policy has real consequences.
Stay safe out there brothers, lots of folks running loose out there that shouldn't be free.

·
Registered
28,579 Posts
by 50% in Houston and substantially for the year in LA, CA.
The Houston Chief specifically mentioned the no bail release of repeat offenders as a major contributing cause. The county is headed by a leftist and elected a very liberal District Attorney.
I'm sure there are other cities facing this right now, the "no bail" policy has real consequences.
Stay safe out there brothers, lots of folks running loose out there that shouldn't be free.

With the failure of passing Prop 25, CA defeated the No Cash Bail law it previously passed.

https://laist.com/elections/2020/results/proposition-25-cash-bail-replacement.php

It wouldn't surprise me if the problems that have been reported upon where cash bail was eliminated, in CA and at least one other state, didn't get the attention of the voters here in CA.

Defeating Prop 25 brought together some different groups. In the linked article, read the "Who supported it" & "Who opposed it" sections.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
This is the result of S0R0S' DA's being put into place and then initiating all of this. The goal is that of Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, and others...let the criminals have a run of the place. They get no charges or slaps on the wrist and put right back out to commit crimes. Just look how Antifa was treated in Portland. Arrested, charges dropped by DA, and back out terrorizing the city within hours.

It's ****ed that a vast majority of this country's problems trace back to one man. No one does anything about that.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Houston has become a sewer. Lots of my friends and former residents of this once fine city are now fleeing to outlying communities. The one big difference between Houston and other human dumpsters is that you can still CCW there so a decent law-abiding citizen can still protect themselves.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Well the French had a great idea for repete offenders, French Penal Colony in South America. Steve McQueen made a movie about it with Dustin Hoffman. I also read the book, sound like it worked well to deal with problem children.

·
Registered
31,328 Posts
I forsee lots of articles focusing on the lower overall crime rate vs murders because its going to be hard justifying defunding the police when murders are up.

·
Pretty Ladies!
4,574 Posts
They're up around here as well. Lexington broke the record last week, although that was only 31. We're lightweights. The previous record of 30 was set last year.

Louisville, on the other hand, has blasted past their record of 117. They're at 147 with a month to go.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Houston and LA are lightweights. Chicago is at 700 murders for 2020 and on track to break 800 by the end of the year.
I'll see your Chicago and raise you a Baltimore. The population is about 575K and we've already passed 300 murders with a projected 330. Chicago has about 2.75 million with 700 murders with an anticipated 800. The math is clear, Baltimore is a more murderous crap hole than Chicago. BPD has many vacancies and is hiring.
Seemingly, the new mayor elect has a plan. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'll see your Chicago and raise you a Baltimore. The population is about 575K and we've already passed 300 murders with a projected 330. Chicago has about 2.75 million with 700 murders with an anticipated 800. The math is clear, Baltimore is a more murderous crap hole than Chicago. BPD has many vacancies and is hiring.
Seemingly, the new mayor elect has a plan. :rolleyes:
Chicago's mayor has a plan too. Must be a secret plan. And so does their COP. Earlier this year he challenged his officers to keep their murders under 300. The ink hadn't even dried on that one and they blew thru 300.
The average tourist or Chicago resident really doesn't have much to worry about getting killed. Where these are happening are not places a tourist would be going and neither would most other residents of the city. The usual bunch killing each other.
CPD like BPD is hiring too and can't get enough applicants.
Just to be clear too. Chicago ain't my city either. Last time I was there was in 2005. I flew up there, did a presentation at the chief's conference, and immediately flew home. It's been almost 30 years since I was up there working cases and even then I got the heck out of there as soon as I could. I've been to Baltimore since I've been to Chicago last. Never left anything in Baltimore I needed to go back after either.

·
Registered
729 Posts
9D3E5CB8-C531-42E8-A104-1077BF4F8313.jpeg
Chicago's mayor has a plan too. Must be a secret plan. And so does their COP. Earlier this year he challenged his officers to keep their murders under 300. The ink hadn't even dried on that one and they blew thru 300.
The average tourist or Chicago resident really doesn't have much to worry about getting killed. Where these are happening are not places a tourist would be going and neither would most other residents of the city. The usual bunch killing each other.
CPD like BPD is hiring too and can't get enough applicants.
Just to be clear too. Chicago ain't my city either. Last time I was there was in 2005. I flew up there, did a presentation at the chief's conference, and immediately flew home. It's been almost 30 years since I was up there working cases and even then I got the heck out of there as soon as I could. I've been to Baltimore since I've been to Chicago last. Never left anything in Baltimore I needed to go back after either.

Yea , while we blow past 700 with ease ........our Supe ( previously from Houston) is nowhere to be found. He’s depleted all the patrol units in lieu of move 800 officers and 70 sgts to a Conmunity Safety Team ( unit). You know attend spots to flip burgers with the community at McDonald’s by day , while body’s drop at night. He and the mayor have decimated the ranks , as well as killed morale .
While tourists may not have to worry about getting winged by a bullet , the neighborhoods in the “high rent” area of downtown are seeing triple digit increases in carjackings and robbery’s.

All these democratic strongholds are seeing exponential increases in violent crime. The revolving door of not housing violent offenders while their cases are pending is insanity. We have repeat offenders while out on bail sitting in front of a judge with 4-5 violent felony cases pending getting sent home yet again on electronic monitoring.

The bigger issue is these policies are creeping into red states and once strong State’s Attorneys or District Attorneys are being pushed out during elections. It’s craziness

The newest instituted policy ( we are already a pretty much no chase city ) , if you attempt to make a traffic stop , said car you attempt to stop after you activate the lights flees from you and you don’t pursue. You still have to go into the district station and fill out a new fleeing and eluding report. Taking that patrol unit off the street for about 1.25 hrs to complete said reports and get them approved and the proper copies sent out.
Our hiring process is stagnant we have a mass exodus, and we have had less that 250 recruits in Academy all year. A class of 26 just entered. 26!!!!!!!!!! The newest budget just passed 3 days ago eliminated over 600 spots. That thins our ranks from 13,500 at our best , to under 9000 patrolman.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,635 Posts
Call me crazy,..... but I foresee a day to come, where we in the US of A will not be "discouraged" to use whatever means are necessary to defend one's life if required, WITHOUT first thinking of the legal ramifications of such an action- you know, kind of like how a criminal, today, might act in the manner he will, using such deadly force.
And we will just disappear into the scenery, leaving behind a bloody mess for someone else to catalog and forget.
Eye for an eye.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
They're up around here as well. Lexington broke the record last week, although that was only 31. We're lightweights. The previous record of 30 was set last year.

Louisville, on the other hand, has blasted past their record of 117. They're at 147 with a month to go.
Same here. Back up to pre-Y2K numbers. Long way to go to get to crack war numbers, but not out of the realm of possibilities. I credit our trauma surgeons with keeping that number from doubling every year!

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Chief Art is working with Swartzenegger to combat systemic racism in -American police departments

Crime is an afterthought

1 - 20 of 36 Posts