GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
Millenium #3936
6,232 Posts
Still, this should make you reconsider that revolver or 1911 as your first grab during the night.
Why should this one story cause me to reconsider anything? I do not develop life safety plans around fringe, anecdotal or outlandish events.

I have 19 rounds of 9mm and yeah, I am confident that I could convince these guys to get the heck out of my house.

Reactions: PEC-Memphis

·
Rottweilers making America great again!
3,269 Posts
Stupid move. Either pay for armored car pickup, or put it in a safe at the business until the next day and keep your insurance paid up.
Agreed. Talk about begging for trouble.

·
Registered
19,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Why should this one story cause me to reconsider anything? I do not develop life safety plans around fringe, anecdotal or outlandish events.

I have 19 rounds of 9mm and yeah, I am confident that I could convince these guys to get the heck out of my house.
Multiple armed attackers and wearing body armor isn't fringe or anecdotal.

I said rethink a revolver or 1911. You have 19 rounds of 9mm. Sounds better to me.

I prefer an AR, but it's tough to beat a shotgun as well.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
What would I prefer to have for 4x home invaders kitted out like that?

A 1919 and a belt of M2 AP firing from a prepared position down a clear hallway. However since I don't have a 1919 and I don't have any M2 AP, I'll settle for the 12 ga I keep by the bedside and use buckshot to the face.

Grumpy

·
Hilljack
2,578 Posts
Call me foolhardy. As far as body armor goes, I figure everyone has an expiration date stamped on their soul, does armor matter? I would like to have some armor but my beliefs dictate otherwise. My dad went ashore at Normandy, age 19, in chest deep water colored blood red, with bodies floating all around. He lived to be age 71. If they come into my house, hello to a 12 gauge with #4 buck and multiple 9mm's. That's just till I get to my safe, God allowing, then the fun begins.

·
Come on man!!
14,381 Posts

·
Scottish Member
11,220 Posts
Uh huh- wearing chest plates. Told you so. NOW let’s revisit the arguments in favor of training ONLY for face/head shots. Using real face photos to minimize/reduce the flinch factor.

See post #17.

·
Scottish Member
11,220 Posts
Multiple armed attackers and wearing body armor isn't fringe or anecdotal.

I said rethink a revolver or 1911. You have 19 rounds of 9mm. Sounds better to me.

I prefer an AR, but it's tough to beat a shotgun as well.

Yep, four (4) assailants with (LIIII/LIV) body armor and each with 20-30 round rifle caliber weapons is pretty much an every day occurrence for the typical law abiding homeowner.

Gotta be prepared for the BGs to come through the front door with an MRAD.

Reactions: TBO and B C

·
Lean & Mean
15,383 Posts

·
AK-74
1,931 Posts
Let me know if anybody survived a hit from 420 grain penetrator's at 1700 fps,from a 500 S&W.Or the new 700 grain at 1700 fps.

I would think the first will make the vest the second round all done.if leg or arm is hit no arm or leg left. And at first the blast will throw them off base. They will think you are firing a cannon at them. I have showed those rounds to a number of people and said what you think want to get hit by one.

They said are you shooting 500 pound bears.So i would not expect some even 250 pound guy to make it.chest vest included. the hit and trauma can f them up big time if not break ribs and destroy a few organs.
280acc396521935964997026cd2f5a17.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,828 Posts
A hit from something that won’t even penetrate soft armor to take someone wearing hard armor out of the fight.
BUT,,,BUT in John Wick at the hotel. When pistol, rifle ammo not penetrating the “Tables Enforcers” he grabs a shotgun that takes them out. (I missed what load out of a shotgun would be effective) to me 30 06 AP is the top of ammo a person could carry, fire inside a hotel lobby. Maybe that 5.7 stuff? But shotgun?
I agree slugs should be unsettling even on plates. (I have zero experience in such thing) but something the attacker could shrug off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
People like to joke but burglary is up in my county, even been some attempted home invasions. Definitely has gotten me and my neighbors attention.
IT HAS GOTTEN OUR ATTENTION TOO! Be safe and good luck!
*The same in our area. Burglary and home invasions have been spreading.
*It is just not the cities but rural areas now. Been getting real bad these past 3 months. We live in a suburb and it has been a daily issue now with people vandalizing cars and property.
*The one thing that really has been chronic is people roaming at night checking for unlocked cars. Now we have more cars that have been broken windows and property vandalized. It has escalated to the point that even with Ring and security videos they will not stop. Now they are checking for unlocked house doors and garage doors. We have banded together to watch out for some of our elderly neighbors. Police are overwhelmed and it is getting worse. They are coming from somewhere and I feel it may blowup in our faces soon. Hope I am wrong on this one.
*If you think you live in a safe isolated area please think again. This will not go away anytime soon and the government may NOT be there for you.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
I figure everyone has an expiration date stamped on their soul, does armor matter? I would like to have some armor but my beliefs dictate otherwise.
Are you kidding? At what point do you take responsibility for your wellbeing. Do your beliefs forbid hard hats, steel toed boots or seatbelts? Do you enjoy foreign objects in your eyes or do use eye protection?

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,206 Posts
Let me know if anybody survived a hit from 420 grain penetrator's at 1700 fps,from a 500 S&W.Or the new 700 grain at 1700 fps.

I would think the first will make the vest the second round all done.if leg or arm is hit no arm or leg left. And at first the blast will throw them off base. They will think you are firing a cannon at them. I have showed those rounds to a number of people and said what you think want to get hit by one.

They said are you shooting 500 pound bears.So i would not expect some even 250 pound guy to make it.chest vest included. the hit and trauma can f them up big time if not break ribs and destroy a few organs. View attachment 828920
Looks great for pocket carry. Does that thing come with wheels?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Options:
1. 7.62mm full auto... even tired, sleepy, groggy... I’m going to hit something vital. And the spray will scare the $h!t out of the intruders.
2. 12 gauge with steel slugs. One or two to the legs... head shot for the close. Messy, yet effective at close range.

41 - 60 of 157 Posts