Multiple Facebook Accounts

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bren, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I see people on Facebook all the time with multiple accounts - usually, so they can post on political issues without using their own names. For example, I just got some useless "you're stupid and I'm not going to offer any evidence to support that" response from a guy named Chris Jones who has at least 3 troll accounts under the name Sirhc Senoj (Chris Jones spelled backward - creativity is not his forte). I have seen some with way more accounts than that.

At the same time, a police officer contacted me recently about a guy named Timothy Moss, posting under the name Timothy Mohammed, where he takes pictures of local police officers, including one killed in the line of duty, and posts these garbled gibberish rants about them being his husband, gay sex, etc. They complained to Facebook and Facebook denied the complaint - sure enough, they denied multiple complaints by me, based on rule violations like using a fake name, hate speech (racist, homophobic, etc.), personal attacks and harassment, etc.

So a while back I started up a second account and didn't post anything under it I don't normally post under my own name, but a couple of days later Facebook deleted it and told me it didn't comply with community standards, but no specific rule I had broken. I tried a couple of more times, each time with a different email, and they shut them down before I could even complete registration and sign on.

How do people start multiple accounts and get away with it and what am I doing wrong?

2. ede

ede

Several of my LE friends use fake names.

cbetts1 and jimcorbin like this.

3. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Create your account with a BLM or Antifa logo and stop doing it on your home IP. Go do it at the local library, or on some other public wifi other than your own.

4. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

They probably check the IP address. Check yours while using different devices on the same WiFi network.

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  5. Pluto57

Pluto57

Not sure. If one plays games through Facebook, it is often advantageous to have multiple accounts. I have had as many as seven active Facebook accounts at one time. I've never had a problem creating FB accounts. All you need is a unique email account and you should be good to go.

6. Pluto57

Pluto57

I thought of that at first, but a family sharing a device would all have the same IP address, so they shouldn't be cancelling accounts just because they share an IP address.

BillKilgore likes this.
  7. MintyS

MintyS

Facebook is fighting against those people who create multiple accounts, so it is not so easy today, I guess those accounts have been created a few years before.

Have a separate network connection, separate IP, maybe VPN - if they see that a user logged in from the same IP, and then created another user that might be suspicious
    Have a separate phone number
    Have a separate e-mail, at best NOT from a free provider like google, yahoo and co

8. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Facebook puts a cookie down on your system. I would imagine that you could have a different account under each browser that you have installed to work around this.
    Also, using a VPN app allows you to change your IP address.
    Personally, I've no interest in going back to FB, but here's an article on making multiple accounts.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Create-Multiple-Facebook-Accounts

9. BillKilgore

BillKilgore

Good point. If any IT folks have a theory, I would be interested to hear their opinions. I do not have a face book account, so I am just conjecturing.

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I have Norton VPN, so my IP shows as being in Mexico (or wherever else I choose) when I check it.

cbetts1 likes this.
  11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I did all that stuff, including using a different browser, different email, different birth date, etc. Didn't work. They started demanding things like a scan of the front and back of my driver's license.

MinervaDoe likes this.
  12. xdmikey

xdmikey

I have a couple but I'm old and bumbling and don't use either one!

13. Adjuster

Adjuster

I have a fake FaceBook account with basically a gibberish made up name and have had zero issues. I used to be a CraigsList then OfferUp guy but then my father told me about FaceBook MarketPlace. I was never a FaceBook kinda person but I created the fake account so I could access MarketPlace. One of the best decisions I have ever made, MarketPlace is great!

/

Resqu2 likes this.
  14. Adjuster

Adjuster

So after re reading some of the posts I might be getting away with it because I only have 1 fake account. I have no real/original account or any other fake accounts.

/

15. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6 Fullclip's Life Matters! FLM!!

pierre delecto

Unknown.jpeg

Scott1970 likes this.
  16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Cold day in Hell before I give that to FB.

17. 1bigK

1bigK

I just recently received two complaints from FakeBook about the same post that I had put up 3 weeks ago. They didn’t appreciate the meme that I had included apparently. I am getting real close to canning them, I have to figure out some bugs/issues with MeWe and Suckerberg can kiss it. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike from st pe, Resqu2 and pag23 like this.
  18. 1bigK

1bigK

Same here. To much personal information that they do not need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday likes this.
  19. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

I don't do fakebook...

R.B. Riddick and Scott1970 like this.
  20. Scott1970

Scott1970

I despise the volume of reports that come across my desk because of Facebook. But all I ever hear it being used for is just to keep up with family and friends. Sure.