GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
64,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people on Facebook all the time with multiple accounts - usually, so they can post on political issues without using their own names. For example, I just got some useless "you're stupid and I'm not going to offer any evidence to support that" response from a guy named Chris Jones who has at least 3 troll accounts under the name Sirhc Senoj (Chris Jones spelled backward - creativity is not his forte). I have seen some with way more accounts than that.

At the same time, a police officer contacted me recently about a guy named Timothy Moss, posting under the name Timothy Mohammed, where he takes pictures of local police officers, including one killed in the line of duty, and posts these garbled gibberish rants about them being his husband, gay sex, etc. They complained to Facebook and Facebook denied the complaint - sure enough, they denied multiple complaints by me, based on rule violations like using a fake name, hate speech (racist, homophobic, etc.), personal attacks and harassment, etc.

So a while back I started up a second account and didn't post anything under it I don't normally post under my own name, but a couple of days later Facebook deleted it and told me it didn't comply with community standards, but no specific rule I had broken. I tried a couple of more times, each time with a different email, and they shut them down before I could even complete registration and sign on.

How do people start multiple accounts and get away with it and what am I doing wrong?

·
Lost in transit
6,477 Posts
I see people on Facebook all the time with multiple accounts - usually, so they can post on political issues without using their own names. For example, I just got some useless "you're stupid and I'm not going to offer any evidence to support that" response from a guy named Chris Jones who has at least 3 troll accounts under the name Sirhc Senoj (Chris Jones spelled backward - creativity is not his forte). I have seen some with way more accounts than that.

At the same time, a police officer contacted me recently about a guy named Timothy Moss, posting under the name Timothy Mohammed, where he takes pictures of local police officers, including one killed in the line of duty, and posts these garbled gibberish rants about them being his husband, gay sex, etc. They complained to Facebook and Facebook denied the complaint - sure enough, they denied multiple complaints by me, based on rule violations like using a fake name, hate speech (racist, homophobic, etc.), personal attacks and harassment, etc.

So a while back I started up a second account and didn't post anything under it I don't normally post under my own name, but a couple of days later Facebook deleted it and told me it didn't comply with community standards, but no specific rule I had broken. I tried a couple of more times, each time with a different email, and they shut them down before I could even complete registration and sign on.

How do people start multiple accounts and get away with it and what am I doing wrong?

Create your account with a BLM or Antifa logo and stop doing it on your home IP. Go do it at the local library, or on some other public wifi other than your own.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
They probably check the IP address. Check yours while using different devices on the same WiFi network.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Not sure. If one plays games through Facebook, it is often advantageous to have multiple accounts. I have had as many as seven active Facebook accounts at one time. I've never had a problem creating FB accounts. All you need is a unique email account and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
They probably check the IP address. Check yours while using different devices on the same WiFi network.
I thought of that at first, but a family sharing a device would all have the same IP address, so they shouldn't be cancelling accounts just because they share an IP address.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Facebook is fighting against those people who create multiple accounts, so it is not so easy today, I guess those accounts have been created a few years before.

Have a separate network connection, separate IP, maybe VPN - if they see that a user logged in from the same IP, and then created another user that might be suspicious
Have a separate phone number
Have a separate e-mail, at best NOT from a free provider like google, yahoo and co

·
Registered
19,097 Posts
Facebook puts a cookie down on your system. I would imagine that you could have a different account under each browser that you have installed to work around this.
Also, using a VPN app allows you to change your IP address.
Personally, I've no interest in going back to FB, but here's an article on making multiple accounts.
https://www.wikihow.com/Create-Multiple-Facebook-Accounts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I thought of that at first, but a family sharing a device would all have the same IP address, so they shouldn't be cancelling accounts just because they share an IP address.
Good point. If any IT folks have a theory, I would be interested to hear their opinions. I do not have a face book account, so I am just conjecturing.

·
NRA Life Member
64,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have Norton VPN, so my IP shows as being in Mexico (or wherever else I choose) when I check it.

Reactions: cbetts1

·
NRA Life Member
64,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Facebook puts a cookie down on your system. I would imagine that you could have a different account under each browser that you have installed to work around this.
Also, using a VPN app allows you to change your IP address.
Personally, I've no interest in going back to FB, but here's an article on making multiple accounts.
https://www.wikihow.com/Create-Multiple-Facebook-Accounts
I did all that stuff, including using a different browser, different email, different birth date, etc. Didn't work. They started demanding things like a scan of the front and back of my driver's license.

Reactions: MinervaDoe

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
I have a fake FaceBook account with basically a gibberish made up name and have had zero issues. I used to be a CraigsList then OfferUp guy but then my father told me about FaceBook MarketPlace. I was never a FaceBook kinda person but I created the fake account so I could access MarketPlace. One of the best decisions I have ever made, MarketPlace is great!

/

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
So after re reading some of the posts I might be getting away with it because I only have 1 fake account. I have no real/original account or any other fake accounts.

/

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I just recently received two complaints from FakeBook about the same post that I had put up 3 weeks ago. They didn’t appreciate the meme that I had included apparently. I am getting real close to canning them, I have to figure out some bugs/issues with MeWe and Suckerberg can kiss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts