multi cab 4x4

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Allegra, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Allegra

Allegra

anyone own one of these?
    pwede gamitin sa bundok? mud, rocks, steep
    How much would it cost?

2. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Those used to sell for around 45k before, don't know whats the going rate now.

They make fine utility vehicles, strong and easy to maintain with lots of cheap parts available.

3. isuzu

isuzu

They used to sell for 3 units at P100,000.00. They were "trash" in Japan before somebody sold them commercially in the Philippines. I remember a friend who bought several 10-wheeler long bed trucks in the mid '90s, and each truck came with a free 4x2 multicab.

Some of the Suzuki multi-cabs have supercharged engines. And they can go fast. The only problem is the carburetor. Once it gives up on you, it's hard to tune and repair. These little engines can consume fuel like a V-6 if the carburetor is out of tune.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  4. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

It's the "people's truck" in Cebu and elsewhere in the Visayas. I've heard it being called the "Tamiya". However it helps to take a very close look at the conversion. A retired US Marine owns a 4x2 and he easily kept up with my Corona in the highway in Negros.

Surprisingly I saw some being sold in machinerytrader.com some years ago (Suzuki and Daihatsu 4x4) in their original RHD configuration.

5. edtf

edtf

it is around 90k now here in Metro Manila

6. Allegra

Allegra

thanks guys
    we already have the 4x2 model , cost 140k dito sa laguna
    I was wondering about the 4x4 kung ok ang off road capabilities nya o porma lang sya

7. jawel

jawel

gaanu ba rough ang paggagamitan? dito sa bukidnon madami naka 4x4 na mga multicab, parang okay naman siya at yan ang gamit ng mga farmers dito for multi purpose use sa field, but i doubt if you can carry more than 500 kilos of cargo in it sa rough road.

8. Allegra

Allegra

a little rough kasi there's no existing road, gagawin pa lang hehe very muddy , lots of vegetation
    Wala naman cargo , just need a vehicle na true 4x4 na mura

9. Wp.22

Wp.22

look for the 4x4 kia ceres

10. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

They're very capable off-road. A lot of them come with limited-slip rear differentials (proudly printed on the back too), actually very essential due to their tiny wheels and short length, I saw some get hung-up because one rear wheel was in the air.

The best ones are the 12-valves. I actually saw one here in Sampaloc made to look like an off-roader with big (for it) tires.

11. isuzu

isuzu

Try if you can still find a Mitsubishi military jeep with a 4DR5 turbocharged engine. It has a higher ground clearance, tougher suspension and a much more powerful engine than the multicab.

12. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

We had a multicab at the factory that served us very well, just don't fall into the trap of putting really high tires on it, we saw one that was on its side, apparently he was going pretty quick (these things can be zippy) and made a sudden turn.

13. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Yup, and big tires also mess up the gearing.

Unless the terrain is really rough, putting steel plate armor on the gas tank, diffs, and t-case will protect the rig from the occasional obstruction without having to deal with the complications of lifting it using bigger tires, suspension, etc.

A high-lift jack and a small (maybe a 5k lb unit) winch that you can attach to receiver hitches front and back would complete the off-road package.

14. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Sounds like a Suzuki Samurai. People who have them love them, specially for use in rough places.

With Samurais tho, there is a potential for added spending due to the wide array of upgrade parts available. At least you know it's a rig that can grow with you as your off-road needs become more demanding.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  15. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Got a PM, just wanted to to clarify ah, our multicab is fine, stock configuration, and still alive and kicking. The one that toppled over wasn't ours, but was the multicab of a nearby garden supply store, they use it to carry their goods etc. Unfortunately they decided to raise theirs, add huge tires, etc and used it on a joy ride which resulted in the accident.

16. bisoy

bisoy

multicabs and samurais should be on the same price range. between the 2, get the samurai na :)

17. productionguy

productionguy what a move!!!!

18. Wp.22

Wp.22

multicab namin na por kilo ko na 2 units from davao nothing but headache ang binigay sa amin.

19. edtf

edtf

I agree with this! great 4x4

20. Allegra

Allegra

who builds samurais pang off road?