Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an MTAC two months ago and really love how comfortable it is. I have a new G23 in it and have been noticing wear marks on the slide. It appears that when I walk around the gun moves just a little causing friction against the Kydex (upper part of slide). So far the Tenefer finsih has not worn off but it had abraded the finish.

Has anyone here used an MTAC or CTAC for a long period of time? How has it affected the finish on the slide?

Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
All holsters will cause wear to the finish of some sort. If it's moving enough to cause a lot of wear, you may need to adjust your retention screws just a little. It shouldn't be loose in the holster, but some wear is to be expected.

·
"Senior" Member
740 Posts
Any handgun inserted into a holster will develop wear marks with time.

·
Cowbell Glocker
1,078 Posts
I highly doubt wearing a holster will touch the Tenifer, which is a hardening process, not the parkerized finish you see wearing off. Read more about it here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just got an MTAC two months ago and really love how comfortable it is. I have a new G23 in it and have been noticing wear marks on the slide. It appears that when I walk around the gun moves just a little causing friction against the Kydex (upper part of slide). So far the Tenefer finsih has not worn off but it had abraded the finish.

Has anyone here used an MTAC or CTAC for a long period of time? How has it affected the finish on the slide?

Thanks!
I have a CTAC and it wears the slide a bit...I don't really care though. A) All holsters will cause wear on a gun's finish B) It's a glock that I carry, not a safe queen...finally, and most importantly C) a Glock with a worn finish will kill a bad guys just as quickly as a Glock with a new finish. If it gets really bad and it is bothering you then you can always send it in to get refinished...not too much money and you have lots of options (sending it back to Glock is an option as well).

·
Keep The Change
997 Posts
Don't fret about finish wear. If you're concerned about appearances get a 2nd G19, one to use and the other to keep pristine. I for one think that honest wear adds character.

I don't remember the name of the GTer that posted the attached pic but it plainly shows a Glock with honest wear.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks. It is my new baby.

I have herd of leather lined kydex that might help the wear but I like the slimness of the MTAC. Can't have it all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As long as it's still there when you reach for your right hip and as long as it still goes bang when you pull the trigger is all that matters at the end of the day. The finish will wear but it adds character and creates some history. My 2 cents.:supergrin:

·
Willwork4ammo
322 Posts
Don't fret about finish wear. If you're concerned about appearances get a 2nd G19, one to use and the other to keep pristine. I for one think that honest wear adds character.

I don't remember the name of the GTer that posted the attached pic but it plainly shows a Glock with honest wear.

I now own this Glock and she is a great shooter....one of the most accurate I have. The orignial picture was taken by the first owner, Kinny. Completely silver now on the left side of the gun from the trugrip/kydex combination.

I would never do her the injustice of a refinish! NEVER......

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts