close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MTAC Question

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by MM56, Feb 10, 2010.

1. MM56

MM56

Have been thinking of ordering one for a while for my G30sf and M&P 9c and really like the fact that the bodies can be changed. Have heard lots of good things about MTACs but personally have found IWB carry to be uncomfortable long term during summer. How comfortable are these during the summer with heat, humidity and sweat and nothing between the holster and skin? Are they comfortable for extended carry in these conditions?

2. MattHappyTrails

MattHappyTrails

I have an MTAC for my G19. I do not like it next to my skin. The temp get to be near 100 frequently in the Summer. It is uncomfortable. In the Summer I use a paddle and tall versions of shirts.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I wear one year arund in Miami. It is more comfortable with a inner
    t-shirt and a button up. But I get by fine without.

4. glock75

glock75

It is very comfortable in all weather, including hot summers. You can wear it against bear skin, it has soft leather which helps. However, I prefer a t-shirt underneath with a pull over or button down shirt on top.

It conceals very well and is comfortable for long periods during the day. I have worn it at the office with slacks and a button down shirt tucked in. No one had a clue I was carrying.

I have multiple bodies for the different guns that I have and may carry from time to time. Great feature.

5. treeserv

treeserv MedNut

115°F here in the summer and my MTAC and G19 are very comfortable with cargo shorts, instructors belt, and a Hawaiian print from CostCo. Have to watch for the shirt riding up while in the top-free Jeep though...it is friggin' hot on the freeway, literally.

6. MM56

MM56

Thanks for the responses, will probably give one a try.

7. 1canvas

1canvas

sometimes mine goes next to my skin so i sewed neoprene on that side. it holds in place better, the belt doesn't have to be too tight, and if the neoprene gets funky in a couple of years i can replace it. it is better to have an undershirt between you and the holster though. very comfotable holster but it gets more comfortable over time.

8. Oramac

Oramac

St Louis is famous (infamous?) for its "90/90" days during the summer. 90 degrees/90% humidity. i wear my MTAC/G26 with a tshirt and shorts and nothing b/n it and me with no problems whatsoever.

9. Mhiett

Mhiett God is Love.

I dig it, but yes, I woul invest in some "A" style, "beater" type shirts.

10. access1

access1

Glock 75-
    When you tuck your shirt in, does it give you enough space to tuck it in good or is it only a couple of inches which means your shirt is barely tucked in over the gun?
    thanks

11. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

If you tuck your shirt in over the gun, you only get a couple of inches. This can be increased if you carry your gun deeper (or decreased if you carry it high), as the limiting factor is the connecting point to your belt clips.

I carry at 8:30 or 9:00, so dress shirts with a curved bottom hem don't have much more than an inch or so to tuck to begin with.

I often wear an Athletic shirt (aka wifebeater) underneath it to keep it from direct contact with my skin.