close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MTAC or Supertuck

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Jestur, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Jestur

Jestur

I know this has been covered before many times as I have googled many opinions. I just wanted a fresh perspective on either of these holsters. Also considering the horsehide option on supertuck as I tend to sweat alot. I will be ordering a holster in a couple of weeks and want to make sure I "get it right".

2. onadraw

onadraw

I haven't had an MTAC but I do have Supertucks for my Ruger sp101 and Glock 21sf. Its comfortable with either gun. sp101 is very nice with the Supertuck. 21sf is more comfortable than I thought it would be but I won't carry every day since it is so large.

3. Mhiett

Mhiett God is Love.

I have both, and for similar holsters, they sit remarkably different. I would recommend the MTAC, but that's me and my physique. Both are great pieces of equipment, and if you can try them both, do that for sure.

Oddly enough, I've been wearing my ctac more than either. But they have their place.

This post was absolutely no help and I apologize.

4. Jestur

Jestur

5. Jestur

Jestur

Mhiett, I forgot to ask. The supertuck appears to be larger than Mtac. Is this an advantage or disadvantage for comfort? I am 5-11 190# by the way.

6. Ironbar

Ironbar

Another vote for Supertuck.

I bought one shortly after I purchased by carry weapon. About three months later, I lost it. Man was I pissed off! Well, I've searched eveywhere and can't find it, so I ordered ANOTHER one.

I ordered the horsehide option because I like the sweat protection, and I'm in to horses anyway.

I cannot comment on the MTAC, but quite franky I think you'd probably be happy with either. For me, I like the Supertuck because it is larger and distributes weight wonderfully. After a few weeks of wearing it, it's formed to YOUR form, and I forgot at times that I was even wearing it.

7. access1

access1

I have a supertuck. It is quite comfortable BUT I think it allows about 1 1/2 inches of length to tuck in your shirt around it. I'm considering buying an MTAC because it looks like there is more room to tuck in a shirt with the clips they use.
    Can anyone attest to how "tuck friendly" the MTAC is?
    thanks

8. roguedaddy

roguedaddy

Just got my Minotaur last week. Very comfortable! I am 5'-10", 160 and it conceals very well! LOVE IT!

9. Mhiett

Mhiett God is Love.

I happen to be 6'1", and 212. It doesn't matter what my level of fitness is, I still have a little bit of a "love handle" issue. That being said, the crossbreed size is a bit of a hinderence since I carry at 4oclock- ish.

10. Shima

Shima

I like the larger size spread of the Crossbreed. It seems to distribute the weight better and provide more comfort. BTW, I have both for the same G30. JMO.

11. High Altitude

High Altitude

I prefer the MTAC for the way the kydex is formed around the trigger guard (I am really picky about being able to get a perfect grip while holstered during the draw) and easy retention adjustment.

I carry with a CTAC most of the time.

12. PDXShooter1981

PDXShooter1981 Computer Geek..

Not to swing too off topic... but how do you lose a holster? :dunno:

Perhaps it's just me, and because I have found that my MTAC works for any carry situation that I run into in my day to day life, but the only time my gun is not in my holster attached to me, it is in my bedside safe, and the holster sits nicely alongside in my nightstand.

13. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Truthfully, for that type of holster those are the two best options out there, IMO, other than maybe the Tucker option but it's really the same thing with just a longer wait to get it.

You won't go wrong with either. I prefer the MTAC personally, because with a little oil it comes out a little softer and I don't wear and undershirt when I IWB, however the difference is negligible... tomato, tomoto... and you'd be fine with both.

14. MarccraM

MarccraM

I have an MTAC and as far as being "tuck friendly" as far as I know, they are not at all... Most tuckable holsters only allow a bit of fabric. If there was too much tuckable space the clips would allow the possibility of the holster leaning out and away from the body.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

15. blueroot

blueroot

I have both an mtac and a supertuck. I tend to wear the mtac more for whatever reason. Generally I don't tuck, but it does actually work well enough, partly depending on the shirt. The attached photos are me wearing the mtac and my G27.

Attached Files:

16. sbrill

sbrill

check out youtube. You can see peoples reviews of both and you can see what they look like on people.

17. crosse

crosse Caped Crusader

using both now. i would say, the mtac is a much more compact unit great for smaller lighter guns. the supertuck a much more expansive carry rig is better for the all steel guns that tend to flex and twist lesser rigs. the supertuck will feel like another apendix a third hip, where the mtac will feel more like a holster on inside your pants...if that makes sense...

i've carried a p228 in the mtac for whole days with good comfort. i'm thinking of getting another for my recently acquired emp. and i'll probably getting a supertuck for my steel govt 1911.

18. Jestur

Jestur

Thanks again fellas. I think I am leaning toward the Mtac. I will be carrying my G22 in it when I get my Beltman and CCP comes in a few weeks.

19. toddmog

toddmog

I'll cast another vote for the Supertuck. I wear one every day. Usually with a Kahr CW9, but also with a G19. It's hard to beat the two week free trial and lifetime warranty.

20. MarccraM

MarccraM

Even though this is a bit off topic, I thought I'd throw in a related note although not necessarily valuable..

I own an mtac with 2 separate bodies for 2 separate guns (a nice feature) however I need one for my ruger lcp and that is a cbreed item only as well as if I get a laserguard for my g27 only cbreed offers it.. So I may be getting 2 crossbreeds in addition to my mtac :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010