close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MTAC Holsters

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Christopher R., Mar 24, 2010.

1. Christopher R.

Christopher R.

Hello,

I've been looking for a nice IWB that's comfortable to wear. I'm brand new to CC and I've heard that MTAC Holsters is where it's at. I'm a pretty big fella and weight isn't an issue with me with a CCW. I'm leaning towards a full-sized G21, how well will that go with the MTAC holster?

I know there's only a handful that actually carry a full-size G21, but is there any that use this holster? How well is this hostler actually able to conceal? Is there still going to be a huge bulge or lump in your clothes? How exactly does the G21 feel against you in this MTAC holster? And just to take it a bit further.. anyone have pictures of them concealing a G21 in a MTAC holster? :whistling:

2. BobInTX

BobInTX

I carry a G23 in mine. I love it. Conceals very well. Sometimes I almost forget I have it on.

3. DarkBlade1000RR

DarkBlade1000RR

I have the MTAC's for all my Glocks.....fits great, workmanship is great! Customer service was excellent..will do business again.

4. G31

G31 Millennium Member

I carry a model 20 in mine on occasion, and have no issues with concealment. Wear a normal shirt and it will disappear. If you're into skin-tight T-shirts, it won't work...period. Comfort is a big deal, and this is very comfortable with a proper belt. The pancake-type IWBs are most comfortable, IMO.

5. takeanumbr

takeanumbr

No pictures of concealment on me, however, I bought an MTAC and one of comptacs belts, love them both with my 21. Hugs the side of my torso. With a shirt over it, nobody has noticed Im carrying. It is also very comfortable. The only time I have to adjust the location of the gun butt is when Im sitting in my truck or car. Just move it alittle, then all is fine.

6. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

An MTAC will work great with a G21. Make sure you get a stiff gun belt. Otherwise forget about it.

7. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

My Mtac does a pretty damn good job of hiding my G22 & G23
    Quite comfy also

8. Chevytruckin98

Chevytruckin98

I am selling a MTAC that will hold a sub and a compact G19

PM me

9. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

IMHO there is no such thing as a comfortable IWB holster. I own a MTAC with several carry options. Also, Galco Concealables for almost every gun I own (very comfortable). The only holster option I have that is the best is the Superfly pocket holster. That is the only one that I forget I am carrying.

10. OD Green Glock 19

OD Green Glock 19

debating between cb supertuck and mtac. both get great reviews. trying to decide if i will daily carry my CZ 75 P-01 or G19. i'm leaning toward the g19. i baby the P-01 too much.

11. Texas49er

Texas49er Senior Member

I own both the MTac & Crossbreed Supertuck. Both are great. Both very comfortable.
    MTac is the nicest to look at. Supertuck is the one I can forget I'm wearing.

12. CJCinTN

CJCinTN

I carry a G23 in my MTAC. While I don't forget that I have it on, it is more comfortable than I thought it would be.

Like someone else said, as long as you don't wear tight clothing, it will be very difficult for others to see.

13. killerk

killerk

Just got an MTAC to test it. Glock just doesn't "snap" in like it does in my Comp-tac Infidel or my older shirt-tucker, or even a new Desantis Intruder I am testing. Just tightened it, now it's tight but doesn't snap in with confidence. May send it back, bummer.

14. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

Retention comes when the gun is on your belt and held against your body. With those screws tight and a good belt you shouldn't have issues.

I've been carrying and XD and G22 for almost a year and have no retention issues.

15. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Just tighten it a bit. All comptacs are like that. Loosen the screws a little and it will "slide" better until there's no retention. Tighten the screws and it will "snap" in better and better until it won't go in. Then it will "snap". I promise. I've been carrying MTAC exclusively for years now.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  16. killerk

killerk

Yeah, I wish I had one that snapped, like you promise. I have a Comp-tac Infidel and it snaps in. The indentation of the new MTAC is not very pronounced as it is with my other holsters, so that may be the problem.

By the way, the new DeSantis Intruder is nice. I was surprised at how it's a direct knock-off of the Supertuck.

17. Scott_F

Scott_F

I've been using one for a year and a half now. I've got three shells and can swap out for my G27, Sig 220, and HK USPc45.

Great versatility and very comfortable. I also always wear an undershirt and that helps.

18. Jim S.

Jim S.

The Crossbreed Supertuck is where it's at.
    Don't overlook it as it may be the one you buy later on when the others just don't cut it.

19. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

Eh...looks better than the crossbreed anyways.

20. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

So you're upset because your gun doesn't "snap" when you put it in the holster? I'm assuming its secured(at least all my comp-tacs are), why would you care if it "snaps"..

:dunno:

IGF

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010