close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MTAC cant adjustment

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Spiffums, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I maybe wrong (what a shock I know!!:whistling:) but are the clips supposed to be free to rotate or do you set them at a certain cant and then tighten them up to lock the angle in place?

I have been letting them rotate around and the holster doesn't move much at all when I sit or stand but I would like a little more up and down cant or a slight (very slight) butt rearward cant for a little more comfort.

2. fgutie35

fgutie35

I aslo left the clips sort of loose for re-acomodation on the fly. When I sit in the car, I need a different cant than when I sit in a regular chair, than when I'm walking. So I find myself constantly adjusting cant for comfort.

3. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Mine rotate freely, if you tighten them down by the end of the day they rotate freely again. I also put blue locktite on the screws as I has one fall out one day. I guess this is to be expected if you have screws at a pivot point like this. I still Love my MTAC and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

4. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong.

Some more weight to lose and it wont matter because there will be nothing to poke.

5. 1canvas

1canvas

i keep mine locked down and they do not move. that works for me.

6. wrangler5

wrangler5

I have a CTAC which uses the same clips (MTAC on the way, though) and I lost the screws several times before I put 'em in with Loctite. CompTac sent me a package of replacement screws when I inquired about what I considered to be a problem, but I ended up going to the local Ace Hardware and getting a couple of Phillips head stainless screws that I cut to the proper length. They have remained in place for about a year now, but if they ever do come loose during the day I can tighten 'em up with my Swiss Army knife and don't have to find a hex wrench.

As for tight or loose, mine are tight, but the leather tabs on the CTAC are flexible enough that the clips can move a bit either way. I don't notice it changing the position of the holster, though.

7. G31

G31 Millennium Member

Mine are locked in and do not rotate, unless I twist it by hand. They don't work loose either. Having said that, I don't mash the rubber bushing in by turning the screws too far...it can break.