MSNBC, CNN beaten by Cartoon Network in ratings game...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ERASER, Mar 18, 2010.

1. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

2. cmwhitt

cmwhitt Fear The Swamp!

I think of it in the opposite light....maybe most viewers are just finally realizing how useless and defunct those "news" outlets are.

3. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

I don't know about that... A few days a week during the prime time slot they have reruns of NCIS :supergrin:

4. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

The idea that news has ever been or can ever be unbiased is a compete joke anyway. People need to get off their lazy duffs and quit expecting news to be spoonfed to them. The best way to get a true idea of what is going on is fire up news.google.com and read the same story from different newspapers around the world. By getting a mix of many different biases, you can form your own opinion.

5. GlockerMike

GlockerMike God Help Us

Not really bad news to the left............ spend a couple of days watching those cartoons and see what they are teaching your children.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

You also have to remember that even Fox admits that the FoxNews channel only has 3 hours a day of news programing. The rest is "entertainment programming." Fox has admitted that the majority of it's programming is "written" to appeal to a certain audience. CNN and MSNBC do not follow the same principle. Comparing them directly is like comparing the Springer show to the nightly news.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  7. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I learned firearms safety from Elmer Fudd.

8. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

No, no, no...USA is on top because wrestling is more important than the news. :)

9. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

That's a bit disingenuous, isn't it hamster?

USA beat out FOXNC by less than 235k between almost 5 million households. The fact that a news channel rates at #2 (FOXNC) amongst ALL channels is a pretty amazing feat.

Now look at the palty placement of MSNBC (#26), CNN (#32), and HLN (#37) and you can see what pathetic looks like.

10. 2afreedom

2afreedom

Fox, CNN, and MSNBC all have "entertainment" programming in the form of commentators etc. All three networks are focused on a target audience. I don't see how one is better than the other in that regard.

11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

lol, a statement like that could make one think you were Dick Cheney

12. Sweatypalms

Sweatypalms

sure :upeyes:

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Seems like a small sign that there is hope for this country.

14. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I was just trying to put some perspective on things. I think the implication by the OP was that somehow Fox news was better than the rest of the "news" crap on the other channels. Now maybe fox news has some more appeal than some other entertainment on TV, but I don't consider it to be "better" than the rest of the garbage they call news cnn/msnbc/abc etc

All TV news is biased info-tainment garbage, to think otherwise if to fool oneself. Read as many different versions (worldwide papers) of a story as you can, then you can begin to have an idea of what is going on.

Unbiased news cannot be "spoonfed" to people people need to evaluate the story from all side with all the biases and hopefully after doing that eventually they will get some idea of what the truth is.

The problem with us Americans is that we like to pick one source who will spoonfeed us our "truth", be it a favorite radio host or a tv channel... then we essentially turn off our critical thinking and let the brainwashing begin.

PS. Just for the record in case you haven't figured it out: I have disdain for all of the news networks equally.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  15. Burn

Burn Taco Hack

[/COLOR]
    but your mind is an organic computer so "garbage in garbage out" really fits in this....all news is biased so all information gathered from anywhere has bias...the real trick is to figure out what hold less bias

16. Trigun

Trigun

Just try legalizing pot and see how many networks lose to Cartoon Network.

:supergrin:

17. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Agree with Fox and CNN news vs. personality shows.

But MSNBC has some straight news shows?

18. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Sure, but the best way to do this is to evaluate as many sources as possible. No one news source will be the most unbiased all the time, even if they have the best of intentions. Things as subtle as Camera angle and how they cut the video effect viewers, even if all the words are factual.

Just look at how the media types portrayed the fellow open carrying at the Obama rally as some sort of a radical/racist/militant gun nut. I had to search blogs and podcasts to find an interview with the fellow. Turns out he is a very peaceful and reasonable guy.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  19. 4GLOCKER

4GLOCKER

MSNBC has more letters in their name than viewers.