close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MPH (or similar) personal mobile video recorder?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by obxemt, Jan 19, 2010.

1. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

2. jacquejet

jacquejet

The Flip Video recorder (several models) are similar to the above. Amazon has competitive prices on them. I have a Mino HD. It records 2 hours of 720p video and despite the small size, the image is pretty good.

Mounting one might be problematic. I looked for a clip-on mount like the one in your like but didn't find one.

Using a clip mount on a piece of clothing might be a problem also. Making sure the lens is pointing in the right direction will be a challenge. The view finder is typically also the view screen. Also, the minimum magnification is a little more than 1.0x so there isn't a "wide angle," at least on mine.

Good luck

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010

3. jacquejet

jacquejet

The Flip Video recorder (several models) are similar to the above. Amazon has competitive prices on them. I have a Mino HD. It records 2 hours of 720p video and despite the small size, the image is pretty good.

Mounting one might be problematic. I looked for a clip-on mount like the one in your link but didn't find one.

Using a clip mount on a piece of clothing might be a problem also. Making sure the lens is pointing in the right direction will be a challenge. The view finder is typically also the view screen. Also, the minimum magnification is a little more than 1.0x so there isn't a "wide angle," at least on mine.

Good luck

4. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

You think anyone will notice if I clip it to the front of my belt and constantly have my crotch pointed in their direction? "Could you speak MORE CLEARLY, ma'am?"

:rofl:

5. josepavento

josepavento

An officer I work with has one of the flip models. She tucks it in one of her shirt pockets. The camera pokes out of the top of the shirt pocket. I'm sure that sounds ghetto when you picture it in your head, but it works pretty well. Seems like nobody ever notices it. Pretty good video quality. Hard to aim. She showed me a video where the audio is from the victim she is interviewing, but the video captured her cover officer standing around and looking bored.

6. jacquejet

jacquejet