Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience w/ this site? I've loved gomusic.com but its not letting folks add money anymore, I assume its going to be shut down eventually because they were vindicated in that lawsuit last year.

They seem to have a great library of songs... Might have to go get a gift card and create an account there...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
They're an offshoot of allofmp3.com (remember, the one that had to raise prices 50% when they had to bribe the russian officials more, before they eventually shut down, meanwhile they started mp3sparks.com).

use with caution, don't give them your cc# directly and don't load up your account with lots of money in case they disappear one night.. (that goes of all of those quasi-legal russian sites)

·
Registered
27,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're an offshoot of allofmp3.com (remember, the one that had to raise prices 50% when they had to bribe the russian officials more, before they eventually shut down, meanwhile they started mp3sparks.com).

use with caution, don't give them your cc# directly and don't load up your account with lots of money in case they disappear one night.. (that goes of all of those quasi-legal russian sites)
No way I'd give them my CC#...

Gomusic is a russian site to as far as i know

IGF

·
Registered
27,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not familier w/gomusic, but unless it's an itunes/amazon/napster/rhapsody type site, I'd take precautions.
I've used gomusic, for probably a year. Music is high quality, w/ a good selection. That said though, when I created my account, i followed all the precautions you put in your first post.

IGF

·
Registered
27,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
wikipedia shows gomusic is fairly similar to allofmp3's origional setup, but a bit different. They seem to have the same russian-based licensing schema in common.
For those that might be interested....

My gomusic account is about empty, and its not letting me add funds, so I created an mp3sparks account last night. To add funds to my account, I chose the "Allpay card" option. I then went here.. http://www.allpay-ez.com/ and bought $30 worth of PINs. Nice thing about that site, is its paypal protected. So no need to find other means to pay. Bad thing is, it appears they run out of PIN codes on occasion.

After the transaction, I got my 2 PIN's(one $20, one $10) in my PayPal email account, went to mp3sparks, and put in my two PINs, and the funds were immediately added to my account.

Easy Peasy.. :)

IGF

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Paypal is definatly way safer than a credit card :)

Just curious what is their pricing like? Per song or do you pay for bandwidth?

·
Registered
27,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paypal is definatly way safer than a credit card :)

Just curious what is their pricing like? Per song or do you pay for bandwidth?
It actually varies by quality and file type. They have several files other than mp3 in most songs, and generally several bitrates.. I've found most 192k mp3's, are between .15 and .18

IGF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.