close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moving trigger pad hole on trigger bar - trigger job

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Mran, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mran

Mran

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

let me know if it work

3. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Do you have any pictures of it? It's hard to tell exactly where he's moving the pins and all. I'll do it tonight if you can get me some pictures.

4. 21Carrier

Nevermind, I registered to that forum, so I can see the picture. I think I'm gonna try it, but with all stock parts. I'll let you know how it goes.

5. Mran

Mran

Sounds good let us know how it goes

I have not decided If I am goin to attempt it. Sounds like the key is to get the hole drilled in the perfect spot after looking at my trigger on a gen 3. IDK how I would go about removing the pin to break the trigger free from the trigger bar short of taking a dremel to the side of the trigger as the pins only showing on one side

ill post the pics for eveyone else

6. Mran

Mran

pics!

Attached Files:

7. Mran

Mran

picss

Attached Files:

8. 21Carrier

That's what you do. If you tap the pin in a little further, you can SLIGHTLY see a bulge, then take measurements, and you can figure out where to drill/Dremel. I used a Dremel to weaken the plastic on the far side, then beat the pin through. I'm in the middle of doing it. I drilled the trigger hole, but I couldn't get the trigger bar hole drilled. Hopefully, I won't mess this up, since I don't have a spare on hand. Oh well, I'm doing it on my G21SF, which I don't shoot that much anymore. I'll go get a better drill bit in the morning and drill it tomorrow. The bits I have won't make it through the metal. I'll report back after it's done.

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

What does it do? Take out pre-travel?

10. 21Carrier

Read the thread that the OP has linked in his first post. It is supposed to DRASTICALLY reduce trigger pull weight, length, and reset. The guy that wrote the other thread says he gets his pulls down to less than 2lbs. He says he has gotten one to 14oz. The 2lb pulls are with stock springs and connectors, too (but maybe with lighter striker spring/striker). Others followed the instructions and got pulls around 2.5lbs.

It also takes out pre-travel, IF you bend the tab where the trigger spring attaches. I might not do that.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  11. Magsz

Magsz

Any worries about broken trigger return springs since you're forcing the spring to open up more than it potentially should?

12. 21Carrier

That shouldn't happen. Since you're effectively moving the trigger bar rearward at rest, the spring will be less stretched. Then, you bend the spring tab out to bring it back to normal length.

13. Mran

Mran

What 21 said. I believe this is what vanek and some other shops do.

I agree with 21 on this I do think it will add a small amount of stress to the trigger spring but not enough to cause failures or a unreliable firearm if done correctly.

14. Mran

Mran

Ok I see what your saying I was a little confused at first:supergrin:

Any updates on how the trigger bar went?

15. wuvmyglock

wuvmyglock

:whistling: I'm gonna sit back and watch what happens before I attempt such a feat.. LOL

16. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Yes I have done this with great results and all safeties functioning as designed..

17. 21Carrier

Ok, I'm just did it, and although my results were not totally great (my fault, I'll explain) it shows HUGE promise. I am going to start a new thread about it. No offense to the OP, but this thread's title is a bit confusing, so I'm going to start one with a title that I think will help increase its exposure. I will give you credit for introducing the idea, though, since I had never heard of it. I'll post a link here when I'm done.

18. Shasta McNasty

Shasta McNasty

brian enos did that? well i certainly trust the man that advertises his gun lube "actually reduces recoil" :rofl:

19. Magsz

Magsz

That makes perfect sense.

Thank you for the explanation.

20. 21Carrier

You should pay attention. It is on the Brian Enos forum, NOT written by him. It was written by a guy named Joe D, who coincidentally lives in the same city as me.

I made another thread about how to do it. Here is a link:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368021

I swear on my life it works REALLY well. It just takes a few times to get it right. My problem was that I drilled the hole in the trigger pad slightly slanted. If I hadn't done that, mine very well might have been perfect. It is about 3-3.5lbs with ALL stock parts (except the trigger bar mod), and without the spring tab mod, which should reduce the pull even more. Even better, the pull is unlike anything I have ever felt. Zero stacking, zero wall as you approach the break, it's just one consistent weight from start to break. No sloppy pre-travel, little over-travel, good reset. I must admit the reset is the part that leaves the most to be desired. It is better than stock, but not as good as when you use some sort of over-travel reduction (like a Ghost connector). However, because it still is using the 5.5lb connector, reset is crisp and positive. Unlike the lighter spring/connector approach, you don't get the long, sluggish reset. I REALLY like it, and I will perfect it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011