Glock Talk banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
So, still not sure whether this is going to happen or not.
However, i will be vising a friend of mine in Spotucky next month.
I did read a few different things attempting to figure out the non-res permit.

I figure while I am there, to make to to apply for non-res. CCW.
Is my DL and SSN all I need for proof of my identity?
I know there is the app and fingerprinting and whatnot.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone possibly have an answer for this? Thank you.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
So, the time has finally come. House is being sold, and it is not worth sticking around CA. Will be headed up to somewhere in WA probably around summer time.

I did enjoy my time away, vising my friend James in Spokane, but it reminded me why I do not want to live there.

24,281 Posts
So, the time has finally come. House is being sold, and it is not worth sticking around CA. Will be headed up to somewhere in WA probably around summer time.

I did enjoy my time away, vising my friend James in Spokane, but it reminded me why I do not want to live there.
Spokane is nice but If I had to do it over again I would have moved just across the border to Idaho because Washington east of the cascades is turning into California and that's where the state capital is and they keep raising taxes and passing more gun laws.

Take a look around Coeur d'Alene Idaho which is only about 25 miles from Spokane.

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Spokane is nice but If I had to do it over again I would have moved just across the border to Idaho because Washington east of the cascades is turning into California and that's where the state capital is and they keep raising taxes and passing more gun laws.

Take a look around Coeur d'Alene Idaho which is only about 25 miles from Spokane.
Must have been an earthquake that I didn't feel. Last time I checked, Olympia was on the west side Of the Cascades.

· Registered
39 Posts
Too late. It’s all over for WA. The amount of people that moved here in the past 5-10 years? Just wait until they get settled in and registered to vote. The firearms legislation has been on a razors edge for sometime now. The puget sound is a toilet that doesn’t get flushed enough. Idaho is on my radar. Or Alaska.

· NRA Benefactor
6,136 Posts
I heard things are changing in WA. I have a friend who has lived in Silverdale for almost 30 years. We mentioned we were looking in the Seattle area and was told it was getting different. Now I am considering Poulsbo as my wife has to be near the water. And yes, we are from the conservative side of the state of CA.

· NRA Benefactor
6,136 Posts
As far as moving out of state, NV is the only other place I am considering at this point. I would like to own a house somday, and unless I win the lotto it is not happening in CA.
The hardest part of all this, is convincing my gf about moving. We have been together for almost a decade, and known each other for twice that.
I have a house in Gardnerville, just down Kingsbury Grade from South Lake Tahoe. Property values are going up in northern Nevada. I think it's because of the Tesla factory.

I don't know what you consider expensive, but in the Carson City/Gardnerville area, anything less than $200K will be a modular home or a condo. Reno is worse.

· Registered
5,786 Posts
When departing California for a better State make sure you check your "Baggage" real close. Becareful about carrying Liberal ideas to any free states .
Exactly. Although, I'll bet if you asked, the vast majority of the transplants would state they are not "liberal". They just want to change a few things....and then a few more....etc, etc. :******:

A novel idea if moving to a more conservative area? Leave everything alone until you've tried things as the locals have set up and worked well for decades. My own state has been struggling with this nonsense in recent years and it will only get worse if it continues.

· NRA Benefactor
5,993 Posts
Exactly. Although, I'll bet if you asked, the vast majority of the transplants would state they are not "liberal". They just want to change a few things....and then a few more....etc, etc. :******:

A novel idea if moving to a more conservative area? Leave everything alone until you've tried things as the locals have set up and worked well for decades. My own state has been struggling with this nonsense in recent years and it will only get worse if it continues.

It is no surprise. We have many from California moving into Wyoming. Mostly retired like our no income tax and low property taxes.
But!! they begin complaining about the lack of services they enjoyed in California.
When I brought my Gordon Setter Pup back from Scotland he was quarantined. He could not inter the U.S. carrying any parasites? Why don't we apply this rule to California transplants.:kidding::kidding:

· Registered
39,644 Posts
Boeing is known as a leftist hotbed?
Well, it is in Seattle. ;)

Known very few, but one of them is family and retired after many, many years of work there. He apparently liked the kindred spirits there, and he's incredibly liberal (even though he once told me he considered himself conservative, but that's probably a subtle nuance among really left leaning liberals that escapes me ;) ).

61 - 80 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.