Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15,977 Posts
All the other Californians before you are ruining the state. Not saying that you're like them, but if you reside on the West side, you will find it very familiar.

Gun laws here will soon be like California's. You now have to go through an FFL if you want to sell your firearm to your buddy, or to your uncle, or to a stranger.

My area has ONE FFL and he is a sheriff's deputy who works out of his home. I have to drive 30 miles out of my way and make an appointment to do business with him. However, there are five pot shops within 15 miles of me, so there's that...

I'm planning on selling my home within the next two years and moving across the border to Idaho. The governor and the democrats who are now a majority have listed stricter gun control as a priority. One bill that failed a couple of years ago when republican's still had some power left was one that outlawed all semi-auto rifles and handguns that could potentially hold more than ten rounds.

The latest attempt they are pushing through will require registration and licensing of "assault rifles" and paying a $50 fee per each rifle every year. Failure to do so will be a felony.

Once I sell my home and start over in Idaho, I'm staying and fighting tooth and nail the California cancer.

· Registered
15,977 Posts
Yeah, because WA is such a conservative state. On my list of never-visit-again.
Yeah, it's like California, Oregon and a lot of other states that have an extreme leftist population on one side of the state that ruins it for the rest. There are some great folks on the Eastern side of Washington and Oregon and in Northern California.

But Seattle is a freaking mess and the Yakima and Walla Walla area is over run with illegals.

· Registered
15,977 Posts
The other day I was behind some fool who came to a full stop trying to merge onto the freeway. Luckily I was far enough be hind him so that I didn't get jammed up.

I was afraid he was going to do that because I've seen other A-holes do it before.
I'll still take stupid drivers over enraged, selfish, and homicidal California drivers any day of the week.

When I lived in the Prescott, AZ area(taken over by Californians for years), I encountered road rage EVERY time I drove anywhere. Rarely was it directed at me, but I saw someone do something completely uncalled for EVERY SINGLE DAY. Didn't matter if I was driving to Phoenix, or driving to Home Depot across town.

It was just pathetic.

I got used to it. Forget about defensive driving; the best defense is a good offense...

Then I moved up here. I've seen two incidents of road rage in 4 years.

Yes, they drive under the speed limit for no reason. Yes, they don't turn their lights on in fog, and yes, you can be stuck at a 4-way stop for an incredibly ridiculous amount of time because no one knows the right of way rule and are ridiculously polite about not going first.

I'll take that over getting beer bottles thrown at me and death threats simply because the dump truck I was driving was too slow leaving an intersection. And yes, I called the police. They didn't even bother to respond.

· Registered
15,977 Posts
Out of state plates here are a guarantee of driving less than half the speed of traffic in winter. White knuckles on the wheel. Eyes bulged.
Even plates from snowy states?

When I first moved back to Idaho from Arizona, I drove a 2012 Ford Fusion with, of course, Arizona plates. I'm sure people behind me assumed that I didn't know how to drive in the snow. Not that there were many people that got close enough to see my plates since I still drove faster than most of the local libs in their Subarus with COEXIST and Bernie2016 stickers...

Arizona gets plenty of snow...

· Registered
15,977 Posts
Keep in mind that not only is the liberal controlled state legislature working hard to take away gun rights, they are now raising gas prices by instituting a "carbon tax" that starts around an extra ten cents a gallon and goes up another two cents every year until it hits thirty cents.

Washington voters rejected that tax twice when on the ballot, but then the idiot leftists voted in a majority of democrats and they now are pushing through legislation. It's for the children...

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...n-tax-proposal-takes-key-step-in-legislature/

· Registered
15,977 Posts
Initially will probably be in Walla Walla/Tri cities area.
I have some good friends that moved up there months ago.
I have family in Vancouver and portland as well.
Walla Walla is like Fresno; very agricultural, ugly, and Hispanic.

If you think Portland is any less liberal than California, you are in for a rude awakening. But I suspect like most Californians, your brain has been conditioned to be accustomed to liberal/leftist ideas.

You think you are conservative, yet when you move somewhere that is actually conservative, you get all smug and mock the locals for not being as sophisticated and refined as you.

You've already chosen to mock Spokane by calling it Spotucky... Your California ego and self-importance is showing...

Everyone else around here that mocks Spokane refers to it as Spokanistan or Spokompton. We focus on the fact that there is a lot of crime and gangs, unlike the rest of the area.

Californians and other liberal refugees call it Spotuky because they focus on it being more white-trash and less cultured than their beloved California and East Coast homelands.

Yes, please move to Portland. Should be a perfect fit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.