Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked.
I have done some reading and some search to not find a "correct" answer.
Things are happening in my life, and moving to WA state is a semi-viable option.
For anyone who has done the move from CA, or other state that requires gun registration, what needs to happen? Just take them with me and not do anything?
My understanding from the reading I have done, is that they do not have to be registered, except for buying from dealer, and not PPT?
Thanks.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As far as moving out of state, NV is the only other place I am considering at this point. I would like to own a house somday, and unless I win the lotto it is not happening in CA.
The hardest part of all this, is convincing my gf about moving. We have been together for almost a decade, and known each other for twice that.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This is a thought. Keeping options open.
I dislike the process of moving, so prefer to do it as little as possible. I know that moving living wherever is not forever unless that choice is made.
I like WA as well as ID. I need to be close to the water.

You thought about moving farther north up the coast? Like Eureka? Small homes under $200K and that would put you at about a $1150 monthly mortgage.
She loves her mom, but doesn't absolutely need to be near her. Her younger brother is her mom's favorite, and you can tell when they are together.
She doesn't like change. But, I think she finally realizes that it may be time to move on.
In regards to your GF, my time in the military taught me that most daughters are mommies little babies and have to be close to mommy to suck the proverbial breast, and that is that. Good luck getting her to grow up, I hope you do.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
In a way I get it, at the same time.. why not let EVERY person's vote count? People can think what they want, but like any other public figure/entity it is $$$ that counts.

Unfortunately Clark County and to a lesser extent Washoe County are dragging Nevada into a liberal hole. I've thought for a while that it's too bad states can't have an electoral college kind of system with the counties so one large liberal population center can't screw up the rest of the state.
On the topic of driving, I understand how people generalize and assume that XX people drive like idiots, etc. But like 99.999% of things, not everything is as it appears. I have spent time in AZ (sadly/mostly, and in PHX area while I was going to tech school), prior to that I thought people in CA drove like F-tards.. not even a comparison.
I have traveled across the country and through most states. I lived in FL, and Spotucky, WA, and had to drive in ID. Just as idiotic as everyone else. People in FL like to run through red lights, people in ID act entitled and do WTF they want, and most people in Spo/WA drove like pansy's when it rained/snowed. They acted like they had never done it before.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
So, still not sure whether this is going to happen or not.
However, i will be vising a friend of mine in Spotucky next month.
I did read a few different things attempting to figure out the non-res permit.

I figure while I am there, to make to to apply for non-res. CCW.
Is my DL and SSN all I need for proof of my identity?
I know there is the app and fingerprinting and whatnot.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
So, still not sure whether this is going to happen or not.
However, i will be vising a friend of mine in Spotucky next month.
I did read a few different things attempting to figure out the non-res permit.

I figure while I am there, to make to to apply for non-res. CCW.
Is my DL and SSN all I need for proof of my identity?
I know there is the app and fingerprinting and whatnot.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone possibly have an answer for this? Thank you.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
So, the time has finally come. House is being sold, and it is not worth sticking around CA. Will be headed up to somewhere in WA probably around summer time.

I did enjoy my time away, vising my friend James in Spokane, but it reminded me why I do not want to live there.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I know the names people refer to Spokane as. I lived there for a few years over a decade ago. I recently visited a good friend of mine, who still lives there. The time I had with my friends was a blast, but I do not want to move back there.
I want to live somewhere more affordable. I like good beer, wheeling, and shooting. I do prefer living near the ocean, if possible, but willing to give other places a chance.
I lived in Phoenix (some call it the Devil's toilet bowl) while I was in tech school years ago, that place sucks. And people there drive like Anne Frank. I wouldn't live there again either.

Anyone can cal a person, place or thing whatever they want. That doesn't mean it is true.
Just because you like/dislike something doesn't make it good or bad.
Some people say "don't judge a book by it's cover"

Since you do not know me, I will tell you a quote that someone said years ago.
"Assumption is the mother of all F*ck ups".
Walla Walla is like Fresno; very agricultural, ugly, and Hispanic.

If you think Portland is any less liberal than California, you are in for a rude awakening. But I suspect like most Californians, your brain has been conditioned to be accustomed to liberal/leftist ideas.

You think you are conservative, yet when you move somewhere that is actually conservative, you get all smug and mock the locals for not being as sophisticated and refined as you.

You've already chosen to mock Spokane by calling it Spotucky... Your California ego and self-importance is showing...

Everyone else around here that mocks Spokane refers to it as Spokanistan or Spokompton. We focus on the fact that there is a lot of crime and gangs, unlike the rest of the area.

Californians and other liberal refugees call it Spotuky because they focus on it being more white-trash and less cultured than their beloved California and East Coast homelands.

Yes, please move to Portland. Should be a perfect fit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.